Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New HTC ONE

Tip us?

andre32065
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] New HTC ONE

Hello guys,

I am writing this because i truly cannot find the only answer i want in the forum.

You guys probably heared this over and over again, but i was not writing this thread if i could have found the answer (i believe is quite simple for you, so i ask kindly for you, XDA community, answer me).

I am from Portugal and i recently bought a HTC ONE. (do not even know if it is the M7 or not, in its box only says htc ONE).

It is blocked to a single operator (TMN).

Since it is not my operator, i need some help obviously.

How can I ONLY unlock sim card (since i want the device as original, just want to insert another operator sim card).

Are there any steps i should follow to get this done? I have red many post from the community but i do not understand any of them.

If any of you guys would be kind enough to write here step by step what should i do, i would appreciate that.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my "newbicity"

Cheers all

Andre

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1044

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre32065 View Post
Hello guys,

I am writing this because i truly cannot find the only answer i want in the forum.

You guys probably heared this over and over again, but i was not writing this thread if i could have found the answer (i believe is quite simple for you, so i ask kindly for you, XDA community, answer me).

I am from Portugal and i recently bought a HTC ONE. (do not even know if it is the M7 or not, in its box only says htc ONE).

It is blocked to a single operator (TMN).

Since it is not my operator, i need some help obviously.

How can I ONLY unlock sim card (since i want the device as original, just want to insert another operator sim card).

Are there any steps i should follow to get this done? I have red many post from the community but i do not understand any of them.

If any of you guys would be kind enough to write here step by step what should i do, i would appreciate that.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my "newbicity"

Cheers all

Andre
Yes its possible to sim unlock. You should first try to call the carrier and ask them to give you the unlock code (you will need to give them the phone IMEI # which can be found on the box next to the s/n# or can be found in your phone settings ---> about phone ---> phone identity

If the carrier don't want to give you the unlock code, you can pay for that service. Many internet site offer that service (even trough Ebay). Again you will need to provide IMEI. Generally cost between 10-20$ US

Edit: You'll be prompted to enter that unlock code when you'll insert the sim card that isn't from TMN.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andre32065
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Yes its possible to sim unlock. You should first try to call the carrier and ask them to give you the unlock code (you will need to give them the phone IMEI # which can be found on the box next to the s/n# or can be found in your phone settings ---> about phone ---> phone identity

If the carrier don't want to give you the unlock code, you can pay for that service. Many internet site offer that service (even trough Ebay). Again you will need to provide IMEI. Generally cost between 10-20$ US

Edit: You'll be prompted to enter that unlock code when you'll insert the sim card that isn't from TMN.
Thanks. I did that with a site (one of those immediate answering sites) and the really sent me a code, but a wrong one (so it says on my mobile phone).

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1044

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre32065 View Post
Thanks. I did that with a site (one of those immediate answering sites) and the really sent me a code, but a wrong one (so it says on my mobile phone).
Try with the carrier, sometimes they do it for free.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot