FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Is your Xperia Z Ultra magnetic?

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 26
 
By hassanmahmood, Senior Member on 18th January 2014, 03:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I put my Ultra down on my console where I happened to have two loose staples lying from a package I'd opened earlier.

When I picked it up, the staples were magnetically attached to the bottom right corner of the phone - around where the speaker is.

Has anyone else noticed the phone having magnetic properties?
 
 
18th January 2014, 03:11 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Speakers have magnets in them. This phone is just thin enough and the staples just light enough that they stick. No biggie.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to stretchwookie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 04:04 AM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,684
 
More
Fun fact (not really): Phones that support wireless charging uses an electromagnetic field to transfer energy between two objects, so they have magnets under the back cover. Not a lot of people (Nexus 5 owners for example) are aware of this, so they get surprised when things "sticks" to the back.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 06:05 AM |#4  
hamdogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,033
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood

I put my Ultra down on my console where I happened to have two loose staples lying from a package I'd opened earlier.

When I picked it up, the staples were magnetically attached to the bottom right corner of the phone - around where the speaker is.

Has anyone else noticed the phone having magnetic properties?

and obviously the magnetic dock... half way down the right hand side.
18th January 2014, 06:05 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
My dock is on the left... Defect?

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 07:24 AM |#6  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,638
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchwookie

My dock is on the left... Defect?

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

That is probably why @hamdogg has so many issues with his Ultra, he must have a knock-off
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 06:40 PM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,684
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

That is probably why @hamdogg has so many issues with his Ultra, he must have a knock-off

It should be on the left side, so i guess Ham has a fake Ultra

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magnet, magnetic, ultra, xperia
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes