Downgrade Ml1 to Stock Rooted Mj2 Links Updated

Search This thread

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Downgrade Ml1 to Mj2 Rooted Stock

***Please Do Not Use My Links Or Work Except For Your Personal Use Without Asking Permission
***Please Do Not Repost My Links Without Asking Permission

I9205 ONLY***

***CWM MOD ONLY: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITH TWRP***

***DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH

Follow these instructions exactly

***Make a backup of current Rom before attempting
** I suggest you have the stock tar file on hand just in case

File Size is 2gb

1. Download all the files from link below: 11 total
2. Open CWM Backups Folder
3. Place the Downloaded Files in a single Folder
4. Place Folder in your CWM backups folder on sd
5. Reboot into CWM Recovery
6. Wipe Data Factory Reset
7. Wipe Dalvik Cache in Advanced Menu
8. Go to Backup and Restore
9. Restore from Sd Card
10. Choose the Folder that you put all the file in
11. Restore
12. Reboot once restore is completed

***If CWM has trouble reading the folder with all the files
1. Download files from post 2
2. Add the 2 android.secure files to the folder with the other 11
3. Reboot into CWM
4. Restore with Above Instructions

***If you get an md5 checksum error do this:
1. Reboot
2. Go To My Files
3. Go To Downloaded Folder and Open It
4. Delete nandroid.md5 file from Downloaded Restore Folder
5. Make a New Folder Inside the Restore Folder
6. Rename New Folder EXACTLY WITH ALL LOWER CASE: nandroid.md5
7. Leave the nandroid.md5 folder EMPTY
***Should have Boot.img, data.ext4.tar, system.ext4.tar ect AND nandroid.md5 Folder all together INSIDE SAME FOLDER
8. Reboot To CWM and follow instructions above

***If you run into any issues doing a regular restore follow below
****Re wipe Data and Dalvik
13. Choose Advanced Restore from Sd Card
14. Choose Restore Boot
15. Click Yes and let Boot Restore
16. Go back to Advance Restore
17. Choose Restore Recovery
18. Click Yes and Restore Recovery
19. Go Back to Advanced Restore
20. Choose Restore System
21. Confirm Yes to Begin System Restore
22. Reboot System

Once the process completes you will be back on Stock Rooted Mj2. This process has been verified several times to work on Ml2 but should also work on any of the newer updates with Knox and new Bootloader with the Knox Kernel Fuse.

Google Drive Link Updated With all Files included:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3T9bHro9RUveFlQa2JxQ3RaLWc&usp=sharing

I am not responsible over what you do to your device...If you choose to download and restore these system files it is your choice and yours alone...I have no responsibility if you brick your mega or it blows the roof off your house.

Enjoy being back on a normal stock rooted system without all the bootloader, root issues, and selinux garbage.
You are free to flash rom and mods once again without fear of bricking your Mega.

Mega

Last edited:

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Last edited:
C

cheyenne

Looks interesting.
But what we will have at the end? Full rooted stock ROM MJ2 with MJ2 bootloader and without KNOX? And what about counter?

Last edited:

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Looks interesting.
But what we will have at the end? Full rooted stock ROM MJ2 with MJ2 bootloader and without KNOX? And what about counter?

What you have at the end is Mj2 fully rooted, no selinux, no knox bootloader...gives you back the ability to flash roms and kernels which on the kernel for ml1 and up, you cannot do without getting a semi-hard brick due to knox bootloader kernel fuse. Plus, Ml1 and Ml4 are identical to Mj2, no new features, speed improvements, or ram management have been added, it was simply to add in the knox selinux and kernel fuse which is the worst part. I just finished my mh2 rom and v2 update for it, and was looking thru the code for the ml1 and ml4 to possibly make a rom, and make sure the custom kernel i'm building was compatible and realized these weren't updates or improvements, just junk forced on us by samsung that severly cripple our ability to customize our mega. I'm working on the selinux and knox apps are easily removed from in the rom itself, but there is no way around the 1024 bit kernel fuse. As for the warranty counter, it somehow made a partition untouchable even thru a decompile of the rom and kernel, at least at this point I've yet to even find this partition, and stays permenantly once tripped, even after removing the entire kernel and bootloader from the device. Its been 4 months and the note 3 still has no way around this either, so I merely put this out for those who want to get back to an open system to flash as they wish without the worry of bricking their mega and arent in depth at coding enough to pull themselves out. At least now theres an alternative that you can downgrade safely and relatively easily with. Take it easy,

Mega

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLegend88

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
Google drive files

From what you said I expected to find one packed file. Instead on your GD there are several files. It is not clear for me what to do - download them one by one and put in new folder (named i.e "Mj2&rootNObootloader") in /clockworkmod/backup on SD card? Be more specific in this point. Why don't you post whole folder to avoid misunderstanding?
And one more question - what REALLY is the kernel in system after flashing update with KNOX and then proceeding your fix?

Last edited:

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
From what you said I expected to find one packed file. Instead on your GD there are several files. It is not clear for me what to do - download them one by one and put in new folder (named i.e "Mj2&rootNObootloader") in /clockworkmod/backup on SD card? Be more specific in this point. Why don't you post whole folder to avoid misunderstanding?
And one more question - what REALLY is the kernel in system after flashing update with KNOX and then proceeding your

Unfortunately you cannot download the entire folder at once like how I uploaded it so...
Download every file that's in the link...There's 11 total
Place them all in 1 folder together...All are tiny files except 2 system files
Put this folder called whatever sure mj2 restore in CWM backups folder
Restore in cwm
Follow the directions exactly as depicted in op

I don't know what you're REALLY asking lol? Are you trying to ask...what kernel is in the system after you update to ml1? Or after my restore? If ml1 you have a new kernel with Knox fuse and warranty counter..The 2 lines of 00 01 ect

After my restore you have mj2 kernel...sorry from your wording I'm just trying to guess and fill in what I think you mean

Mega

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLegend88

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
-cut-

I don't know what you're REALLY asking lol? Are you trying to ask...what kernel is in the system after you update to ml1? Or after my restore? If ml1 you have a new kernel with Knox fuse and warranty counter..The 2 lines of 00 01 ect

After my restore you have mj2 kernel...sorry from your wording I'm just trying to guess and fill in what I think you mean

Mega

Thank you. Now I understand what you mean about kernel. The problem with Counter is made because of efuse in new ROM and counter is ticked during rooting attempt and getting CWM to system. After that you can remove ALL, but efuse is broken and counter is set... that I understand it... am I right in general?

Last edited:

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Thank you. Now I understand what you mean about kernel. The problem with Counter is made because of efuse in new ROM and counter is ticked during rooting attempt to get CWM< to system. After that you can remowe ALL, but efuse is broken and counter is set... that I undesrtand it... am I right in general?

Kinda...The efuse is what blocks us from flashing a kernel over top of the ml1 kernel and will literally brick your device...I did it just to test it...it wouldn't boot past this kernel lockout code...The warranty counter is different...it writes a one time write code somewhere in your system...In a partition hidden away that I cannot even find in my decompile, that basically goes from 00 to 01. I believe it's hidden as a partition in a boot cache or something as I removed everything entirely...had no system to even boot and it showed up 01 warranty.

While reverting back to mj2 with these files will remove the kernel fuse and new bootloader from ml1...that warranty flash 01 stays hidden somehow in a cache partition that can never be undone. Not really a big deal, it has zero effect just simply voids your warranty. The kernel fuse was the nasty beast that could do some serious damage.

Mega

Last edited:
C

cheyenne

After reverting back to your ROM, what'll be system status and what'll be showed in download mode?

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
After reverting back to your ROM, what'll be system status and what'll be showed in download mode?

It goes back to rooted stock mj2, custom status since rooted and keep cwm on there...then here's download mode...01 because once that's flashed there's no way to ever get back to 00...just to be clear this isn't my MegaFire rom...it's completely stock mj2 rooted...I should note also this is after I used these exact files to restore back after intentionally tripping the kernel fuse to 01 bricking my mega just to test my files and method before posting.

Mega

Attachments

• 20140118_101714.jpg
    20140118_101714.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com

I literally did this 5 times yesterday just double checking it before I posted the method lol. I have sent about 20 people these in PM over these last few weeks and have restored them back to mj2 and several are now running my custom rom. If done right you'll be back to 100% stock rooted mj2 with custom status like always and 01 warranty.

Mega

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
...no knox bootloader...
Mega
Sorry but this is a backup Rom made by Custom Recovery on "backup and restore". I have it also.
One backup not have modem nor bootloader backup's, then the Knox Bootloader continue there on aboot.mbn. And the modem continue ML1.
Can You make a Mod Modem MJ2 to People flash after Restore this backup please?

Thank You

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Sorry but this is a backup Rom made by Custom Recovery on "backup and restore". I have it also.
One backup not have modem nor bootloader backup's, then the Knox Bootloader continue there on aboot.mbn. And the modem continue ML1.

Thank You

Sorry I'm confused...yes it's a backup stock rooted mj2 to be restored in cwm. ..it replaces the ml1 kernel and rom allowing for flashing custom kernels and roms...yes its made for those who don't have an mj2 backup or who want an mj2 stock pre rooted...A backup restore is the only way back to mj2 as odin gives kernel fuse brick...no it does not get rid of new boot but since it restores old kernel the kernel fuse does not function so it doesn't matter...and sure I could throw a mj2 modem together but I kept ml1 modem since it was better... Hope that covers what you're asking? Take it easy

Mega

Last edited:
Reactions: ValenteL

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Thank You
I don't ask anything. I made a try from downgrade by Odin, but its all, a try.
I have also a MJ2 backup for security only. I prefer made upgrades. I'm now whit NA2, new Knox bootloader flashed.

Good luck on Your work.

I got you...The new rom updates didn't bring any improvements only added the boot and Knox, warranty flash, kernel fuse, and selinux so its not really an update as the rest of the build are idnetical to mj2 with no improvements or new festures...but if you run stock it doesn't really make any difference I guess. But for anyone wanting to flash custom roms or kernels you can't on the new updates. But yea you can easily restore mj2 if you have a backup...I've had like 20 or 25 people ask me for the files before is why I did the post. Thanks Take it easy

Mega

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
If anyone has any issues or questions please read thru the op and other posts... especially between Valente and myself as I want be around tonight till middle of the night... got a gig to do... will get back to you later if needed.

Mega

federerer

Mar 16, 2008
If anyone has any issues or questions please read thru the op and other posts... especially between Valente and myself as I want be around tonight till middle of the night... got a gig to do... will get back to you later if needed.

Mega

Thank you. I still have the red alers at the boot but works root and wifi. For me in ML1 with root no wifi.

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
Sorry I'm confused...yes it's a backup stock rooted mj2 to be restored in cwm. ..it replaces the ml1 kernel and rom allowing for flashing custom kernels and roms...yes its made for those who don't have an mj2 backup or who want an mj2 stock pre rooted...A backup restore is the only way back to mj2 as odin gives kernel fuse brick...no it does not get rid of new boot but since it restores old kernel the kernel fuse does not function so it doesn't matter...and sure I could throw a mj2 modem together but I kept ml1 modem since it was better... Hope that covers what you're asking? Take it easy

Mega

There are some suspicions so Warranty Counter is placed in EMMC partition. Is it possible to check it?

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
There are some suspicions so Warranty Counter is placed in EMMC partition. Is it possible to check it?

Yea I'll double check that....I had a similar thought, but cannot even find a trace or any code that would link instructions to the warranty flash. It's like ghost code...but I just starting building a new rom last night based on ml1 so I'll be going over it again and again....As I won't upload it until I'm positive I broke the efuse which is the bad boy in this kernel,I already disabled selinux and Knox, but that kernel fuse and warranty counter are so well hidden it's insane...plus I'm putting together my own root kit for ml1 since vcore break wifi and most other methods are only partial root that you lose on reboot or granting root access...will let you know as things progress what I find. Take it easy

Mega

sp4xkp

Sep 26, 2008
I do not know what's going on, but after downloading all 11 files in one folder, I see them only 8 Then after download 2 files from the second post, I have a total of 9 files But again as I want to download files, which do not see, it shows me that already have them. And now I do not know what to do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downgrade Ml1 to Mj2 Rooted Stock

***Please Do Not Use My Links Or Work Except For Your Personal Use Without Asking Permission
    ***Please Do Not Repost My Links Without Asking Permission

I9205 ONLY***

***CWM MOD ONLY: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITH TWRP***

***DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH

Follow these instructions exactly

***Make a backup of current Rom before attempting
    ** I suggest you have the stock tar file on hand just in case

File Size is 2gb

1. Download all the files from link below: 11 total
    2. Open CWM Backups Folder
    3. Place the Downloaded Files in a single Folder
    4. Place Folder in your CWM backups folder on sd
    5. Reboot into CWM Recovery
    6. Wipe Data Factory Reset
    7. Wipe Dalvik Cache in Advanced Menu
    8. Go to Backup and Restore
    9. Restore from Sd Card
    10. Choose the Folder that you put all the file in
    11. Restore
    12. Reboot once restore is completed

***If CWM has trouble reading the folder with all the files
    1. Download files from post 2
    2. Add the 2 android.secure files to the folder with the other 11
    3. Reboot into CWM
    4. Restore with Above Instructions

***If you get an md5 checksum error do this:
    1. Reboot
    2. Go To My Files
    3. Go To Downloaded Folder and Open It
    4. Delete nandroid.md5 file from Downloaded Restore Folder
    5. Make a New Folder Inside the Restore Folder
    6. Rename New Folder EXACTLY WITH ALL LOWER CASE: nandroid.md5
    7. Leave the nandroid.md5 folder EMPTY
    ***Should have Boot.img, data.ext4.tar, system.ext4.tar ect AND nandroid.md5 Folder all together INSIDE SAME FOLDER
    8. Reboot To CWM and follow instructions above

***If you run into any issues doing a regular restore follow below
    ****Re wipe Data and Dalvik
    13. Choose Advanced Restore from Sd Card
    14. Choose Restore Boot
    15. Click Yes and let Boot Restore
    16. Go back to Advance Restore
    17. Choose Restore Recovery
    18. Click Yes and Restore Recovery
    19. Go Back to Advanced Restore
    20. Choose Restore System
    21. Confirm Yes to Begin System Restore
    22. Reboot System

Once the process completes you will be back on Stock Rooted Mj2. This process has been verified several times to work on Ml2 but should also work on any of the newer updates with Knox and new Bootloader with the Knox Kernel Fuse.

Google Drive Link Updated With all Files included:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3T9bHro9RUveFlQa2JxQ3RaLWc&usp=sharing

I am not responsible over what you do to your device...If you choose to download and restore these system files it is your choice and yours alone...I have no responsibility if you brick your mega or it blows the roof off your house.

Enjoy being back on a normal stock rooted system without all the bootloader, root issues, and selinux garbage.
    You are free to flash rom and mods once again without fear of bricking your Mega.

Mega
    Here is a screenshot of my backup folder as shown by Wondershare's MobileGo.
    All looks right to me?
    Steven

Flash MegaFireV10 and without all hassle you will have all what you want:
    - root
    - WiFi
    - and very fast system
    :good:
    Looks interesting.

What you have at the end is Mj2 fully rooted, no selinux, no knox bootloader...gives you back the ability to flash roms and kernels which on the kernel for ml1 and up, you cannot do without getting a semi-hard brick due to knox bootloader kernel fuse. Plus, Ml1 and Ml4 are identical to Mj2, no new features, speed improvements, or ram management have been added, it was simply to add in the knox selinux and kernel fuse which is the worst part. I just finished my mh2 rom and v2 update for it, and was looking thru the code for the ml1 and ml4 to possibly make a rom, and make sure the custom kernel i'm building was compatible and realized these weren't updates or improvements, just junk forced on us by samsung that severly cripple our ability to customize our mega. I'm working on the selinux and knox apps are easily removed from in the rom itself, but there is no way around the 1024 bit kernel fuse. As for the warranty counter, it somehow made a partition untouchable even thru a decompile of the rom and kernel, at least at this point I've yet to even find this partition, and stays permenantly once tripped, even after removing the entire kernel and bootloader from the device. Its been 4 months and the note 3 still has no way around this either, so I merely put this out for those who want to get back to an open system to flash as they wish without the worry of bricking their mega and arent in depth at coding enough to pull themselves out. At least now theres an alternative that you can downgrade safely and relatively easily with. Take it easy,

Mega
    And one more question - what REALLY is the kernel in system after flashing update with KNOX and then proceeding your

Unfortunately you cannot download the entire folder at once like how I uploaded it so...
    Download every file that's in the link...There's 11 total
    Place them all in 1 folder together...All are tiny files except 2 system files
    Put this folder called whatever sure mj2 restore in CWM backups folder
    Restore in cwm
    Follow the directions exactly as depicted in op

Mega

Thank You

Mega