Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,288 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Took a break after rooting new Note3 months ago. Now ready to install Beans...

Tip us?

cooch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Took a break after rooting new Note3 months ago. Now ready to install Beans...

I rooted my Note3 when an exploit first became available using RootDeLaVega. I haven't touched it since as I was waiting for the custom ROMs to roll out. I'm ready for Beans, but I want to be sure I'm going from rooted stock(no OTA's taken)...to upgraded Baseband(currently on M19)...to safestrap...to Beans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read I must do the following:

1. Use method 2 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707
2. Use Kingo to get root again.
3. Install safestrap: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707
Use Beta or Stable here?
4. Download and flash Beans to an open slot after making a backup.

I miss anything? Thanks.

moin786
Old
(Last edited by moin786; 16th January 2014 at 01:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooch View Post
I rooted my Note3 when an exploit first became available using RootDeLaVega. I haven't touched it since as I was waiting for the custom ROMs to roll out. I'm ready for Beans, but I want to be sure I'm going from rooted stock(no OTA's taken)...to upgraded Baseband(currently on M19)...to safestrap...to Beans.

Use Beta or Stable here?

I miss anything? Thanks.
1. Use method 2 only,download ODIN 3.09 and MJE Firmware Full Stock ROM 1.3 GB, Boot into Stock Recovery using Vol Up+Home+Power Button, Wipe Factory Reset/Data & Wipe Cache Partition, Reboot the device, as soon as screen goes black press Vol Down+Home Button to enter Download mode and connect the device to PC...then flash the MJE firmware...
2. After flashing boot again into Stock Recovery using Vol Up+Home+Power Button, Wipe Factory Reset/Data & Wipe Cache Partition
3. Use Kingo to root the device and make sure that Screen Display time is set to 10 Minutes..because u have to accept some confirmation while Kingo is rooting the device.
4. Install Safestrap 3.65 no problems till now...
5. Go into safestrap and go into Wipe then do Factory Data reset then advance wipe ( System, data, Internal Storage, cache , dalvik cache) then flash Beans ROM
6. Done.

cooch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the detailed steps. I'll try it tonight.

dclutter1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Thank you for the detailed steps. I'll try it tonight.
Did you have any problems? I'm in the exact same situation.

I'm also curious about why we have to flash the odin image first. Is that for new radios? I'm already rooted, why not install SS and go from there?

az_biker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Use Beta or Stable here?

I miss anything? Thanks.
I have a full on step by step, very detailed instruction for all the processes you need to take on your N3, check the link in my sig.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclutter1 View Post
Did you have any problems? I'm in the exact same situation.

I'm also curious about why we have to flash the odin image first. Is that for new radios? I'm already rooted, why not install SS and go from there?
You only need to flash in Odin if you are on previous software (MI9, MJ7) in stead of current MJE. Flashing MJE in Odin installs latest modem, kernel and OS software updates. YOu'sd have issues running a MJE based Rom on a device with MJ7 or MI9 firmware...

If you're on MJE and rooted, start with the installation of Safestrap (custom recovery work around) on link in my sig. Everything is right there...
The Following User Says Thank You to az_biker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dclutter1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Yeah I read your thread, it looks great. Thanks for putting that together. And, thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk