Originally Posted by cooch
I rooted my Note3 when an exploit first became available using RootDeLaVega. I haven't touched it since as I was waiting for the custom ROMs to roll out. I'm ready for Beans, but I want to be sure I'm going from rooted stock(no OTA's taken)...to upgraded Baseband(currently on M19)...to safestrap...to Beans.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read I must do the following:
1. Use method 2 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707
2. Use Kingo to get root again.
3. Install safestrap: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707
Use Beta or Stable here?
4. Download and flash Beans to an open slot after making a backup.
I miss anything? Thanks.
1. Use method 2 only,download ODIN 3.09 and MJE Firmware Full Stock ROM 1.3 GB, Boot into Stock Recovery using Vol Up+Home+Power Button, Wipe Factory Reset/Data & Wipe Cache Partition, Reboot the device, as soon as screen goes black press Vol Down+Home Button to enter Download mode and connect the device to PC...then flash the MJE firmware...
2. After flashing boot again into Stock Recovery using Vol Up+Home+Power Button, Wipe Factory Reset/Data & Wipe Cache Partition
3. Use Kingo to root the device and make sure that Screen Display time is set to 10 Minutes..because u have to accept some confirmation while Kingo is rooting the device.
4. Install Safestrap 3.65 no problems till now...
5. Go into safestrap and go into Wipe then do Factory Data reset then advance wipe ( System, data, Internal Storage, cache , dalvik cache) then flash Beans ROM