Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to successfully change boot animation

Tip us?

ERAUguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Unable to successfully change boot animation

I have CM11 on my phone right now, and I think the boot animation is pretty boring, especially compared to the one in CM10. I'm on a LG Optimus G, where the screen resolution is 1280x768. I downloaded the CM10 boot animation files, and it came with a number of versions depending on the resolution of each animation. I picked the 720p by 720p one, zipped the animation folder without compressing, copied it to system/media, fixed permissions, and deleted the previous animation. I followed the instructions I found on various forums to the letter, and yet all I get during boot is a blank black screen. The transition from the black screen to the lock screen is glitchy also, with it showing the homescreen for a few seconds, showing battery icon at -1% (??), then finally getting to the lockscreen. I tried this multiple times, and it doesn't work. I don't know why something so simple is so complicated. I attached the animation zip, also, and it looks like the xda forum uploader automatically renamed it with a [2] at the end. It was bootanimation.zip originally.

Help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation[2].zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.00 MB, 4 views)
LG G2 LS980 & LG Optimus G LS970 ftw

ERAUguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Does anybody have any ideas? I tried ROMToolbox, and nothing in there works.
LG G2 LS980 & LG Optimus G LS970 ftw