Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help to convert Korean LG Optimus G (F180L) to E975 !

Tip us?

greenmoonLV
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Service Need help to convert Korean LG Optimus G (F180L) to E975 !

Hello,
Today I tried to convert my Korean version of LG Optimus G to E975 using this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487209 but I can not go farther than step nr. 1 because when I open this link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2320817 and try to download Baltics KDZ file it does not download. What can I do to solve this problem?

greenmoonLV
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Please HELP! :/

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonLV View Post
Please HELP! :/
I didn't follow the suggested procedure you are referencing, so can't help you much with that. However, here is an alternative (some additional relevant info here, and several posts down the thread). No need to flash a complete stock from KDZ, and no need to reflash a baseband after that (you just keep the original one). I chose the Epsilon ROM, but basically, after you unlock your BL and have a custom recovery installed, you can flash a custom ROM from recovery. Actually, come to think of it, I never had to flash any KDZs on my OG -- didn't have any reason to. Not saying my conversion method is better, as the consensus seems to be to go with the KDZ flash, but it worked for me. As usual, no guarantees, and YMMV...
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greenmoonLV
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
I didn't follow the suggested procedure you are referencing, so can't help you much with that. However, here is an alternative (some additional relevant info here, and several posts down the thread). No need to flash a complete stock from KDZ, and no need to reflash a baseband after that (you just keep the original one). I chose the Epsilon ROM, but basically, after you unlock your BL and have a custom recovery installed, you can flash a custom ROM from recovery. Actually, come to think of it, I never had to flash any KDZs on my OG -- didn't have any reason to. Not saying my conversion method is better, as the consensus seems to be to go with the KDZ flash, but it worked for me. As usual, no guarantees, and YMMV...
Can you please say how did you root your phone? (Using which tutorial)

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonLV View Post
Can you please say how did you root your phone? (Using which tutorial)
I rooted mine using this method.
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]