Cannot download updates on Play Store
I had not used this phone for months 9backup phone), and when I dusted it off and flashed a different ROM, I could not update the over 20 out of date apps on play store (server error). I found a possible fix (market Enabler APP-) but no luck.
I saw a post pop up when i started entering the thread title, but it did not completely cover a fix that I found on a website (SeberTech) that cleared it up. I had treid clearing out Play Store data, but that was not enough. Here is what works if anyone runs into this Note - forced stop and then cleared data):
Follow these steps to fix this problem:
1. On your Galaxy S3 menu, go to Settings, then select Apps, then All, and finally Google Play Store.
2. Under Google Play Store, press the Clear Data option and then Force Stop.
3. Go back to Settings again, and then Apps, then select All, and then locate Google services framework from the sorted list. In case you cannot find Google Services Framework from the sorted list, try to scroll right to the bottom of the list. Sometimes, this item is disabled. If it is disabled, you need to enable it first, so you can proceed to the next step.
4. Under Google Services Framework, clear data and then Force stop.
5. Go back to Settings, then Apps, and then All.
6. From the All menu, locate and select Download Manager and the select Clear Data.
After doing all the aforementioned procedures, turn off your phone for about 60 seconds and then turn it back on. Try to access Google Play Store this time and it should be working fine.