[Q] Verizon S3 stuck in recovery mode with Triangle Error Message

Tip us?

Jawn_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Verizon S3 stuck in recovery mode with Triangle Error Message

Hey Guys,

Total noob here. Today I rooted my S3 on 4.3 with saferoot. That worked fine. Then I got goomanger and installed a recovery thing. I was trying to figure out how to install Slim Bean, because there were so many conflicting tutorials. I booted into downloading mode only to get the Yellow Triangle; I simply turned my phone off then back on to go back to stock software. So I went into goomanager and booted into recovery mode through that app. Then I got the same Triangle Error. This time when I turned off and on, it just tried to boot right back into this with the Triangle Error. I tried to use Odin to fix, but it won't even recognize my device or allow me to check the boxes that I need to. Please Help to fix this, Thanks!

ddog511
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawn_ View Post
Hey Guys,

Total noob here. Today I rooted my S3 on 4.3 with saferoot. That worked fine. Then I got goomanger and installed a recovery thing. I was trying to figure out how to install Slim Bean, because there were so many conflicting tutorials. I booted into downloading mode only to get the Yellow Triangle; I simply turned my phone off then back on to go back to stock software. So I went into goomanager and booted into recovery mode through that app. Then I got the same Triangle Error. This time when I turned off and on, it just tried to boot right back into this with the Triangle Error. I tried to use Odin to fix, but it won't even recognize my device or allow me to check the boxes that I need to. Please Help to fix this, Thanks!
You can try removing your battery, then put it back in and try booting up again. otherwise, you may need to follow the directions to reflash the stock firmware via odin and download mode. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't read more. All over on this forum, there are plenty of posts exclaiming that you should not attempt to install a recovery on 4.3. READ, READ, READ, READ. And when you're done doing that, read more because you missed something.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddog511 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jawn_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog511 View Post
You can try removing your battery, then put it back in and try booting up again. otherwise, you may need to follow the directions to reflash the stock firmware via odin and download mode. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't read more. All over on this forum, there are plenty of posts exclaiming that you should not attempt to install a recovery on 4.3. READ, READ, READ, READ. And when you're done doing that, read more because you missed something.
I cannot use Odin to reflash. I read the tutorial on here for that. Odin won't even register my device or let me check the boxes that I need to. Pretty Stuck here

ddog511
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawn_ View Post
I cannot use Odin to reflash. I read the tutorial on here for that. Odin won't even register my device or let me check the boxes that I need to. Pretty Stuck here
Are you able to get into download mode? When you boot up your phone in download mode, you should see a prompt about custom os yada yada yada and that pressing volume up will enter download mode and volume down will reboot - see here - http://www.android.gs/download-mode-galaxy-s3/

You have to be in download mode in order to use odin.

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Read the entire op and follow every step exactly how it tells you to. Even if you think you can skip a step DO NOT! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586319

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

If you can't get into download mode try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166