[Q] AOSP LED Control Via Tasker

OP Threezees

18th January 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56

188 posts
More
Okay. Here's the deal. I miss CM profiles in the rom I'm running, which is AOSP based (specifically Slimkat). However, I have Tasker. To anyone who is a Tasker fanatic, can you help me create a task or profile that will allow me to intercept when an application fires the LED? For example, with CM profiles, I was able to restrict certain applications from firing the LED at night, such as Gmail. I know I can create all new tasks in Tasker and assign them to my specific profiles (e.g., sleeping, driving, etc.), but can I simply intercept the notifications that AOSP already utilizes? Under Display settings, I already have all of my applications set up with the correct colors. The problem with AOSP is that it lights up the LED regardless, unless I turn on Quiet Hours, which then turns ALL LED activity off.

Uggh, this sounds confusing, I know. Basically, I don't want to spend hours adding every color under the sun in Tasker for every app on my system if there is simply a way to reroute the built in AOSP led control through Tasker and allow it to control it. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread