Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 47,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One wont boot into recovery

Tip us?

jweezer88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC One wont boot into recovery

If someone more experienced than me could help I would appreciate it:

I have an s-on HTC one that is rooted and the bootloader is unlocked. I hade the aokp nightly build on my phone and tried to flash another rom. My phone can only boot into the boot loader, but it freezes when I try a regular boot and when I try to boot into recovery.

I can use fastboot commands in a prompt window but not adb commands

I have tried flashing numerous recovery images using fastboot, but the problem seems to persist.

Please help!!

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweezer88 View Post
If someone more experienced than me could help I would appreciate it:

I have an s-on HTC one that is rooted and the bootloader is unlocked. I hade the aokp nightly build on my phone and tried to flash another rom. My phone can only boot into the boot loader, but it freezes when I try a regular boot and when I try to boot into recovery.

I can use fastboot commands in a prompt window but not adb commands

I have tried flashing numerous recovery images using fastboot, but the problem seems to persist.

Please help!!

how about some names and version numbers of what you've tried, and some links? and posting a "fastboot getvar all" (removing IMEI and s/n) never hurt either.

BTW: adb does not work in bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jack1995
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I would try "fastboot erase cache" or flash another recovery.I guess that should solve the problem.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jack1995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jweezer88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking FIXED!!

Thanks for your posts, After I opened the thread I was somehow able to flash the traditional clockworkmod recovery ( the touch would not recognize my phone as rooted and would not give me access to my sd memory) which allowed me to use adb to sideload a nightly aokp build. All is well, and it only took me half the day. Thanks again for your posts. This is the first time I have posted here, but I have known for years if there is anywhere I can go for solutions to tech questions, it is at the xda forums.