5,594,653 Members 32,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Location of Google Now Home Swipe System Files

Tip us?

shiftygypsy
Old
(Last edited by shiftygypsy; 22nd December 2013 at 06:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Location of Google Now Home Swipe System Files

Does anyone know which system files contain the resources for the home button swipe shortcuts (i.e. Google Now, Voice Mate and QuickMemo? I am trying to remove Voice Mate from this shortcut menu. I have already found the icon files for the Voice Mate swipe shortcut in system/app/LGSystemUI.apk and replaced them with empty PNGs so it doesn't show up in the menu and I have also backed up and uninstalled Voice Mate through Titanium Backup. This has effectively removed Voice Mate from the swipe shortcut menu except that when i hover over the spot where the shortcut used to be the text "QVoice" still shows up (It said "Voice Mate" prior to uninstalling the app itself). Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I would love to remove the hotspot for the shortcut entirely or better yet replace it with a shortcut to another app but for now I would be happy just to be able to remove the "QVoice" text.

rooted VZW LG G2 VS980, stock firmware (4.2.2 VS98011A), stock launcher, running LG G2 Xposed module

Fluke777
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My best guess is that you'd probably need to completely decompile the APK and remove the code for it.
Don't know much smali I'm afraid so I can't really help

danial.aw
Old
Thanks Meter 83
this is quite annoying to me too :S... When I had cleanrom xe installed... this was not an issue at all... but unfortunately i cannot get it to go awaay in the flex roms... and neither can I find a complete package of working qvoice either ...