No registration required

[Q] Phone auto shut-down for install, CWM aborts, endless loop

OP jaxrpr

19th January 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello,

My device is an HTC Inspire 4G running android 2.3.5 with cwm v5.8.1.5.

I just got my phone activate on straight talk wireless and within an hour of doing so, my phone alerted me there was an update to install, and needed to reboot.

The phone shuts off and then CWM pops up and tries to install the update, only to fail and give me a signature verification error, and an aborted install.

I figured no big deal, I'll just reboot and forget about it. Only now every time my phone boots up, it runs normally for a minute and then pops up the installation dialog and automatically shuts down, only to reboot into CWM for the install to abort again. Every time, without fail.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do about this. I can't find any information even remotely related to my problem. Maybe I just don't know the right string of keywords for the search. Anyway, any help will be immensely appreciated.

Update: I was able to recover an old image and at least make the phone useable again, but it's once again notified me that At&t has an update for me. I chose to postpone it this time, but I'm still at a loss as to how to handle this. I don't want to just keep clicking to postpone the update, but I can't allow it until I figure out why CWM is aborting the install.
Last edited by jaxrpr; 19th January 2014 at 02:28 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread