Default [Q] Acer Iconia A100 (no display, homebutton lights up)

I have already researched on this site and was unable to find a solution. I have an acer iconia A100 that was given to me due to it not working. Currently the device will "power up" and i say this lightly because only the power button becomes blue and the home button lights up when you touch it. The display doesnt light up nor does it display anything. Secondly if i plug it into my windows PC it shows up in the device manager as the APX device which i understand is some mode the device gets stuck in. I have attempted the power up plus volume and rock the lock switch. all that crazy things and nothing have resolved it. Some state that it needs a new board of some sort but i find that hard to believe that this is the only fix (yes if the board is bad then replace the board but) this device appears bricked to me. Its sad that there isnt a utility from Acer that i can have it diag the device and (or) reflash it to stock firmware/rom.

Does anyone have anything or have seen this and resolved it on their own? I really want to keep this at a free dollar value to get it fixed due to it being so old and it was given to me for free.

thanks in advance
MIUI 1.12.9 FascinateMTD | Kernel: JTs 3ButtonFix