Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 41,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen size

Tip us?

Option58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 242
Default [Q] Screen size

Hello, I'm 16 years old and I would love to buy a new device. I would like to buy V, only I am unsure about it's screen size.

I am a tech geek and I certainly appreciate bigger screens and plan to play some games on it and surf a lot but not watch videos.
Also, it must be small enough to go to school and rest.

I am worried if 4.3 inch is too small.
Do you think your Xperia V has small screen? Please post your thoughts.

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Option58 View Post
Hello, I'm 16 years old and I would love to buy a new device. I would like to buy V, only I am unsure about it's screen size.

I am a tech geek and I certainly appreciate bigger screens and plan to play some games on it and surf a lot but not watch videos.
Also, it must be small enough to go to school and rest.

I am worried if 4.3 inch is too small.
Do you think your Xperia V has small screen? Please post your thoughts.
I was always annoyed about my HTC Desire's small display before buying my XV. However, I have never wanted a huge 5 inch display, as it is simply too big imo.
The Xperia V was the compromise I was looking for: Small enough to easily fit into my pocket, yet still having a sufficient resolution for gaming and web browsing. Actually, in the 6 months that I've been having this phone now, I've never found a reason to say that my display is too small for any purpose.
So, i think buying the phone was definitely the right decision.. Go for the XV if you like it!

Just one more thing.. If you're doing a lot of games (and I know, school days can be long! ;D) have a look at the Xperia SP as well.. Has nearly double battery life compared to the XV, at otherwise pretty similar specifications.. ^^

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
My work:
  • NeoWave - A fully Z3 themed custom rom for the Sony Xperia V (Link) and Xperia T (Link)

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 208
I think screen size is only one criteria. Others are pixel density, trueness to real colours, and contrast (readability in daylight). Don't look at factory pics or factory home screen setup. These are optimised to make that particular phone look good.

The V screen has a good pixel density, but is not that good in terms of light leakage and viewing angle.

Depending on hand size, you might perceive a screen of 4.7 or 5 inches even as inconvenient. You may not be able to reach certain functions in one go or with one hand anymore.
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."