Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] S-off Firmware update

OP jrat69

18th January 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
I need to update the HBoot and Radio's on my Rezound. I'm HTC Unlocked, Rooted running Tachyon, and just did the rumrunner S-off. After reading through several post, I got so confused. If I am correct I need to re-lock then flash the Ph98img file in HBoot, or in recovery? Then I have to un-lock. Do I have to re-root, or restore my latest nandroid. Every post that starts off about being s-off ends up about how to do it while s-on.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide?
Thank you!
18th January 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oroville
Thanks Meter: 5,068

2,787 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have a downgrade upgrade guide...follow that and you'll be on latest radios and hboot...the last 2 ph98img files are hboot 2.27 and 2.28 which is the latest

Sent from my R3D D347H using Tapatalk
19th January 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 817

3,034 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrat69

I need to update the HBoot and Radio's on my Rezound. I'm HTC Unlocked, Rooted running Tachyon, and just did the rumrunner S-off. After reading through several post, I got so confused. If I am correct I need to re-lock then flash the Ph98img file in HBoot, or in recovery? Then I have to un-lock. Do I have to re-root, or restore my latest nandroid. Every post that starts off about being s-off ends up about how to do it while s-on.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide?
Thank you!

You don't have to do anything but flash the PH98IMG.zip if you're s-off, no need to lock or unlock anything.

To just update the hboot/radios, you can flash the last PH98IMG.zip in REV3NT3CH's guide.

Back your rom up to your SD card to be safe of course.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread