Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S-off Firmware update

Tip us?

jrat69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S-off Firmware update

I need to update the HBoot and Radio's on my Rezound. I'm HTC Unlocked, Rooted running Tachyon, and just did the rumrunner S-off. After reading through several post, I got so confused. If I am correct I need to re-lock then flash the Ph98img file in HBoot, or in recovery? Then I have to un-lock. Do I have to re-root, or restore my latest nandroid. Every post that starts off about being s-off ends up about how to do it while s-on.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide?
Thank you!

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1373

DONATE TO ME
I have a downgrade upgrade guide...follow that and you'll be on latest radios and hboot...the last 2 ph98img files are hboot 2.27 and 2.28 which is the latest

Sent from my R3D D347H using Tapatalk
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 751

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrat69 View Post
I need to update the HBoot and Radio's on my Rezound. I'm HTC Unlocked, Rooted running Tachyon, and just did the rumrunner S-off. After reading through several post, I got so confused. If I am correct I need to re-lock then flash the Ph98img file in HBoot, or in recovery? Then I have to un-lock. Do I have to re-root, or restore my latest nandroid. Every post that starts off about being s-off ends up about how to do it while s-on.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide?
Thank you!
You don't have to do anything but flash the PH98IMG.zip if you're s-off, no need to lock or unlock anything.

To just update the hboot/radios, you can flash the last PH98IMG.zip in REV3NT3CH's guide.

Back your rom up to your SD card to be safe of course.
Matt
LG G2 - Mahdi-Rom
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired