XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! PLEASE...soft brick?

Tip us?

Exodus72
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help! PLEASE...soft brick?

Hi, So not new to flashing, rooting etc., but this is the first time I have run into a problem I couldnt solve the usual ways. I was on stock rooted MC2 from Billards and I wanted to try Lorjay 4.3 without knox. So I reflashed with Billards to get stock unrooted (per instructions on Lorjay thread) and it got stuck on Galaxy splash screen. So it begins! Rebooted to recovery to try again but can only get into stock rec, tried to odin Philz, no go. Tried to odin stock MC2, no go. Tried to one click odin with Rcwilco, no go. Removed SD card format on PC, fresh download billards Mc2 rom and Philz rec, use stock rec to install to phone...NO GO! So now im stuck where I began, Galaxy note 11 screen and no fun. Did i miss something or mess something up? All downloads Md5 were good. Can still get into stock rec and download mode, time to hopefully learn something new. Thank you in advance.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 2185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus72 View Post
Hi, So not new to flashing, rooting etc., but this is the first time I have run into a problem I couldnt solve the usual ways. I was on stock rooted MC2 from Billards and I wanted to try Lorjay 4.3 without knox. So I reflashed with Billards to get stock unrooted (per instructions on Lorjay thread) and it got stuck on Galaxy splash screen. So it begins! Rebooted to recovery to try again but can only get into stock rec, tried to odin Philz, no go. Tried to odin stock MC2, no go. Tried to one click odin with Rcwilco, no go. Removed SD card format on PC, fresh download billards Mc2 rom and Philz rec, use stock rec to install to phone...NO GO! So now im stuck where I began, Galaxy note 11 screen and no fun. Did i miss something or mess something up? All downloads Md5 were good. Can still get into stock rec and download mode, time to hopefully learn something new. Thank you in advance.
What odin version are you using?

I would suggest 1.85. If you cant find it just download cf auto root and it has 1.85. Also try installing a different recovery (I perfer philz myself)and sometimes that will help. You can always go back to philz later. OH DID YOU FLASH BILLARDS ROM IN PHILZ (they dont play well together)?

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

Exodus72
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have tried 1.85 and 3.07. I will try another custom recovery though only tried Philz. Thank you

Exodus72
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank God!! I got it. Just used Odin to install TWRP and then Billards MC2 rom amd it worked. Dont know why Philz wouldnt work but its all good. Now I can get my 4.3 without knox on! Thank you for the help. See you on the flip side.