HELP! Acro S Sony logo bootloop

Tip us?

glenb83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy HELP! Acro S Sony logo bootloop

Hi All,

Sorry for the noob post, first time 'modding' my Acro S, but I have flashed lots of rom's on my old Xperia X10.

I unlocked my bootloader and installed a kernel containing CWM recovery today, and since doing that I have not been able to boot my phone past the Sony logo, it just reboots. I have tried to install a couple of ROM's but neither boot (Existenz Ultra & Emerald Smooth. Emerald Smooth fails with status 7 error, Existenz Ultra says it installs but still no boot. Also tried Honami rom but download always fails between 89% and 92%, tried 3 times). i also can't power off the phone, it just keeps rebooting. I have tried to repair my phone with PC Companion but it won't work due to the unlocked bootloader.

I would really like to install a stable custom rom as I found the stock rom had alot of lag, but at this stage I just want to get the phone working again! Can anyone guide me to which kernel files to install which include the latest cwm, how to install them and suggestions of which rom to use?

Thanks in advance guys!

abcdjdj
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenb83 View Post
Hi All,

Sorry for the noob post, first time 'modding' my Acro S, but I have flashed lots of rom's on my old Xperia X10.

I unlocked my bootloader and installed a kernel containing CWM recovery today, and since doing that I have not been able to boot my phone past the Sony logo, it just reboots. I have tried to install a couple of ROM's but neither boot (Existenz Ultra & Emerald Smooth. Emerald Smooth fails with status 7 error, Existenz Ultra says it installs but still no boot. Also tried Honami rom but download always fails between 89% and 92%, tried 3 times). i also can't power off the phone, it just keeps rebooting. I have tried to repair my phone with PC Companion but it won't work due to the unlocked bootloader.

I would really like to install a stable custom rom as I found the stock rom had alot of lag, but at this stage I just want to get the phone working again! Can anyone guide me to which kernel files to install which include the latest cwm, how to install them and suggestions of which rom to use?

Thanks in advance guys!
Hi,

To turn off your device, press and hold the volume up+power button combination until you get 3 vibrations. At this point, your device will be powered off. You can now connect it to your pc in flash mode. Please use Flashtool by Androxyde to flash the stock rom as your bootloader is unlocked. Once the flash procedure is complete, normally turn on your device and it should boot up properly. After that, you will have to flash a custom kernel like this one - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2309117
Then you can flash any custom rom in cwm.

Regards,
abcdjdj

Click here to see my contributions to XDA

My phone history - Samsung E1410 > Xperia Mini ST15i > Xperia S LT26i

glenb83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdjdj View Post
Hi,

To turn off your device, press and hold the volume up+power button combination until you get 3 vibrations. At this point, your device will be powered off. You can now connect it to your pc in flash mode. Please use Flashtool by Androxyde to flash the stock rom as your bootloader is unlocked. Once the flash procedure is complete, normally turn on your device and it should boot up properly. After that, you will have to flash a custom kernel like this one - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2309117
Then you can flash any custom rom in cwm.

Regards,
abcdjdj
Thankyou!! Do you happen to have a link to the stock JB rom for 6.2.B.1.96? I could only find ICS or earlier builds of JB....

glenb83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenb83 View Post
Thankyou!! Do you happen to have a link to the stock JB rom for 6.2.B.1.96? I could only find ICS or earlier builds of JB....
Thanks anyway guys but i found the ftf file and im now sending this from my phone

Thanks again!