Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 51,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon note 3 softbrick maybe?

Tip us?

narnol02
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Verizon note 3 softbrick maybe?

Ok I have looked all over the web and tried many things but am not able to boot. When I do try to boot I get the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again." message.

What I had done so far to get to this point is I rooted my phone with Kingo and that worked fine. I had not updated my phone with the OTA update but eventually tried to update cause it was asking all the time and was annoying. That ended up failing but was still able to use phone with Kingo root and still asking for OTA update. I then tried to flash back to stock but that failed with "SW REV CHECK FAIL : [about] Fused 2 > Binary 1" and now I boot to the error i mentioned at the top and am not able to flash any stock rom I have found. Always get that error or sometimes I get a MD5 check sum error when trying to use some roms I'm found on XDA. Any help would be great I use this phone for work.

Thanks all

narnol02
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fixed

Finally found a rom that I was able to flash to phone and got it back up and running. Not sure why but all my apps where still on my phone.