XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+] Cache Cleaner

Tip us?

aptnutella
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [APP][2.1+] Cache Cleaner

Guys, check out our open-source cache cleaner! We hate ads, so no ads here. Also has a native Holo look&feel, is small and minimalistic. Does exactly what it is supposed to, nothing more, nothing less, and therefore requires only 2 permissions, both strictly related to cache cleaning!

Targets:
  • Keep it simple, stupid
  • No ads
  • Holo look and feel
  • Fast and clean
  • Does not require root
That says it all.

Google Play: Cache Cleaner

GitHub repository: Frozen-Developers/android-cache-cleaner

Feel free to submit your pull requests ;)
The Following User Says Thank You to aptnutella For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spocko
Old
(Last edited by spocko; 18th January 2014 at 10:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
I like it. Nice clean and simple UI. Two critiques:

- The app size seems a little big for what it does. It's about 2.2M. For comparison, "Cache Cleaner+" is a similar app, but it only takes about 500k.

- It does not clear all cached data for some apps. For example, the game "Big Win Basketball" downloads a crapload of cached files to the SD card, which on my phone is an emulated SD card in internal storage. Running this app does not clean those files. If I go into the system app manager and clear the cache there, it clears much more data. It would be nice if your app could use the same method so the cleaning would be more thorough.

Note: The second critique issue is not unique to your app. I've tried a bunch of other cache cleaners and they generally do the same thing as yours (i.e. they do not fully clean the cache for some apps). There are a couple others like Cache Cleaner NG that have some ability to clean cache on the SD card, but they don't have as nice of a UI as yours, and they still don't clean everything that the system app manager does. If you could make your app clean in the same way the system app manager does, that would really set it apart from all the other cache cleaners.

Thanks

hasbrobot
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Awesome ui! And functions super quick on the note 2. Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk