XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

so, stuck on a boot loop after trying to return to stock

Tip us?

m4gkman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question so, stuck on a boot loop after trying to return to stock

Basically, Just got bootcamp to work, threw odin on and went to install the stock firmware. Everything went well in odin, and on its bootup it gets stuck at the 4g lte screen. Im sure it can be fixed just need some help

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4gkman View Post
Basically, Just got bootcamp to work, threw odin on and went to install the stock firmware. Everything went well in odin, and on its bootup it gets stuck at the 4g lte screen. Im sure it can be fixed just need some help
If you're just stuck there, then that's not a bootloop. Boot into recovery (hold volume up, home, and power) then factory reset.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m4gkman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
If you're just stuck there, then that's not a bootloop. Boot into recovery (hold volume up, home, and power) then factory reset.
giving this a shot right now

m4gkman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
you have saved my ass twice now, I appreciate it immensely.
The Following User Says Thank You to m4gkman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
If you couldn't tell, I've kinda made the Q/A section my xda home lol you're welcome
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m4gkman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
If you couldn't tell, I've kinda made the Q/A section my xda home lol you're welcome
well now i can re root, and try again. what rom are you currently running? i was running hyperrive for a while and then switched to beanstalk 4.4.x but i was having a few issues.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4gkman View Post
well now i can re root, and try again. what rom are you currently running? i was running hyperrive for a while and then switched to beanstalk 4.4.x but i was having a few issues.
I'm usually on the latest SlimKat builds released by Nicklovell23. I flip between that and TW 4.3 by old&slow if I need the camera. I'm not the type to use a lot of roms though, I stick with maybe 2 or 3 lol
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

m4gkman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I'm usually on the latest SlimKat builds released by Nicklovell23. I flip between that and TW 4.3 by old&slow if I need the camera. I'm not the type to use a lot of roms though, I stick with maybe 2 or 3 lol
i only switch when something new comes out with better features

Tags
annoying, boot loop, damn