Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Themes for NOT rooted sprint sp3 /kitkat 4.2.2 cm11?

Tip us?
 
Ianthelmt
Old
#1  
Ianthelmt's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default Themes for NOT rooted sprint sp3 /kitkat 4.2.2 cm11?

I have a NOT rooted sprint sp3 /kitkat 4.2.2 cm11

What themes are okay for my phone?

Most the ones I see need root I think...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Ianthelmt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thenugdestrroyer
Old
#2  
thenugdestrroyer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,715
Posts: 1,421
Join Date: Jun 2012
You need root to use themes..about as close as you can get is to use next launcher and use a theme for that launcher..otherwise root your phone. You'll be happy you did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
kaos420
Old
#3  
kaos420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,595
Posts: 3,043
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: dantes inferno

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthelmt View Post
I have a NOT rooted sprint sp3 /kitkat 4.2.2 cm11

What themes are okay for my phone?

Most the ones I see need root I think...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Well if your on cm11 your rooted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ianthelmt
Old
#4  
Ianthelmt's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenugdestrroyer View Post
You need root to use themes..about as close as you can get is to use next launcher and use a theme for that launcher..otherwise root your phone. You'll be happy you did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Okay so it automatically roots the phone when you use the cm11 auto download thingamahooey from their website?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
 
thenugdestrroyer
Old
#5  
thenugdestrroyer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,715
Posts: 1,421
Join Date: Jun 2012
No..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

You need to root it. Go to Google store download a root checker app.. check if you have root

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
kaos420
Old
#6  
kaos420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,595
Posts: 3,043
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: dantes inferno

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenugdestrroyer View Post
No..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

You need to root it. Go to Google store download a root checker app.. check if you have root

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
How so? It automatically installs a recovery and cm11.he is already rooted. Cm11 doesn't come not rooted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
 
Ianthelmt
Old
#7  
Ianthelmt's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2011
It must have rooted it automatically since I did nothing myself to root it. I checked with with a root checker and it popped up with superuser prompt then confirmed in do in fact have root access. Weird! What are the best themes (ie most stable)... Are there any disadvantages of switching themes?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes