Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

which is the best video player for xperia s?

OP jamshadinho

18th January 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #1  
jamshadinho's Avatar
OP Member
Flag thrissur
Thanks Meter: 0
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
i am looking for best video player for my xperia s.i am using mxplayer right now.its a good player with sub support.but when playing videos on my built in xperia movie app i feel true surround sound after turning on surround sound mode on and dynamic normaliser on.then i played the same video on mxplayer i feel shame. mxplayer is nowhere near sony movie app.sound and video great on sony's movie app.is there any app can give great surround sound on my xperia s while watching videos.i tried h/w and s/w settings on mxplayer but both are not comparable with sony's surround sound mode.only disadvantage is sony's movie app is not support subtitle.so i am still using mxplayer for watching movies.is sony will add subtitle support?,i m sure my xperia s doesn't get any updates.anyway waiting for reply from experts........suggest me application with sub support and surround sound.
18th January 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #2  
Redstarr1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 400
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamshadinho

i am looking for best video player for my xperia s.i am using mxplayer right now.its a good player with sub support.but when playing videos on my built in xperia movie app i feel true surround sound after turning on surround sound mode on and dynamic normaliser on.then i played the same video on mxplayer i feel shame. mxplayer is nowhere near sony movie app.sound and video great on sony's movie app.is there any app can give great surround sound on my xperia s while watching videos.i tried h/w and s/w settings on mxplayer but both are not comparable with sony's surround sound mode.only disadvantage is sony's movie app is not support subtitle.so i am still using mxplayer for watching movies.is sony will add subtitle support?,i m sure my xperia s doesn't get any updates.anyway waiting for reply from experts........suggest me application with sub support and surround sound.

There is subtitle support in the Sony Movies app, at least in version 5.3.A.0.18. I don't know what kind of subtitles though, not .srt files. But I only tried the app on my Nexus 7 (it wouldn't be very different on my Xperia S since that's running CM11). It might refer to movies you rent from the Video Unlimited service. Anyway you can also just use MX Player and some kind of audio enhancer like V4A to change the sound. Just be aware that that "surround" effect you want is actually fake. Stereo is designed in such a way that when you're using headphones and watching a properly recorded video, your brain will process the sounds and and it will sound like surround. No need for software tricks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
jamshadinho's Avatar
OP Member
Flag thrissur
Thanks Meter: 0
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1

There is subtitle support in the Sony Movies app, at least in version 5.3.A.0.18. I don't know what kind of subtitles though, not .srt files. But I only tried the app on my Nexus 7 (it wouldn't be very different on my Xperia S since that's running CM11). It might refer to movies you rent from the Video Unlimited service. Anyway you can also just use MX Player and some kind of audio enhancer like V4A to change the sound. Just be aware that that "surround" effect you want is actually fake. Stereo is designed in such a way that when you're using headphones and watching a properly recorded video, your brain will process the sounds and and it will sound like surround. No need for software tricks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

how to install v4a. can you give me the link.is there any problem using it?mine xperia s firmware 6.2.b.1.96 and rooted.and also installed cwm.is this v4a enhancer work with mxplayer?
18th January 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #4  
Redstarr1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 400
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
I don't know, I never use audio enhancers and I also don't use stock ROMs anymore. Anyway audio enhancers should work for all your apps, so also MX Player. Look up Viper4Android Xperia S. There should be a thread in the Themes&Apps section.

I thought that in stock your equaliser audio settings work for all apps, the Walkman settings I mean. Can't you edit them from Settings/Sound or something.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Xperia S met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #5  
abcdjdj's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thane
Thanks Meter: 3,055
 
1,714 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamshadinho

how to install v4a. can you give me the link.is there any problem using it?mine xperia s firmware 6.2.b.1.96 and rooted.and also installed cwm.is this v4a enhancer work with mxplayer?

Here you go - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223
As Redstarr1 has said, it's effects will be observable on all apps including MxPlayer, YouTube etc. I use Viper and I can confirm that it works with Mx
In fact Viper even works on kitkat. I'm using Walkman+Mx+Viper on Carbon Rom (4.4.2). So if in case you're sticking to the stock rom only for Sony's media apps, you can even give kitkat a try
Last edited by abcdjdj; 19th January 2014 at 07:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to abcdjdj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes