FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can send mms but not sms?!?

18th January 2014, 03:19 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Danville
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Ok so I WAS rooted and running a rom but had to flash back to stock and unroot at att and now I can receive mms and sms messages and even SEND mms messages but can't send sms. Someone please help this is frustrating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
18th January 2014, 09:08 AM |#2  
Agent's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 364
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipporun

Ok so I WAS rooted and running a rom but had to flash back to stock and unroot at att and now I can receive mms and sms messages and even SEND mms messages but can't send sms. Someone please help this is frustrating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Whoa that's weird, does it give you any kind of error messages?
18th January 2014, 04:01 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Danville
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent

Whoa that's weird, does it give you any kind of error messages?

Yes. Sometimes it tries for a few minutes sometimes instantly buy it will always say failed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th January 2014, 04:03 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Danville
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
I have tried factory reset powering off pulling sim and even reseting apn settings. I honestly can't see how it could be on my end

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th January 2014, 04:28 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipporun

I have tried factory reset powering off pulling sim and even reseting apn settings. I honestly can't see how it could be on my end

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Perhaps your baseband got corrupted? Try to Re-flash just the modem through Odin.

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 06:19 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Fayetteville NC
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Sending mms is sending an sms with a link to the mms file, so something's wrong here. If you can send an sms with a link you can send an sms without a link.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank