Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,877 Members 50,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bootloop after boot animation change

Tip us?

Dabesiv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] bootloop after boot animation change

So, I got my Venue rooted, and was changing the boot animation, had one I liked but it had pixelation from bad quality png files. I made a new one with better files, all the right resolution settings etc. anyways, I am now stuck in bootloop. I never imagined needing to make a backup for a boot animation so I am stuck for now. Can't access recovery mode, get the dead droid with the red exclamation mark. I have attempted to adb pull or push with no success, or even update to 4.3 from fastboot. I am completely out of ideas besides a warranty exchange from Dell, which I would rather not do. Anybody have something for a possible fix?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dabesiv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dabesiv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Anybody?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 kitkat

megaghostgamer
Old
Thanks Meter 737
when you see the dead droid press volume up and down quickly back and forth and it should show up the recovery screen. From there I believe you could flash something with the update.zip. I could be wrong though..
The Following User Says Thank You to megaghostgamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dabesiv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaghostgamer View Post
when you see the dead droid press volume up and down quickly back and forth and it should show up the recovery screen. From there I believe you could flash something with the update.zip. I could be wrong though..
I appreciate the attempt, but nothing happens with hitting the buttons, I have a second, identical venue and will attempt to pull the system files, recovery etc. over and flash them to the soft bricked one, hopefully that will work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dabesiv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megaghostgamer
Old
Thanks Meter 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabesiv View Post
I appreciate the attempt, but nothing happens with hitting the buttons, I have a second, identical venue and will attempt to pull the system files, recovery etc. over and flash them to the soft bricked one, hopefully that will work.
I know for a fact there's a button combo to get past the droid with a ! . I do it with my droid razr m but I forgot how to bypass it.
The Following User Says Thank You to megaghostgamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chairsz
Old
Thanks Meter 27
when at the droid on its back screen press volume up and power button for 2 seconds to enter recovery mode.
Current phone:
Motorola Moto G aka The Pimpmeister! 8 gb Single sim version x1032 with a 16GB micro usb flash-drive main squeeze
Rogers Kanada
Rooted with Xperience custom rom, and philz touch CWM...
Current tabby:
DELL VENUE 8 3830..4.3..stock everything and smooooth.

previous devices
samsung galaxy s2 LTE i727R.. Finally bit the dust..
Samsung galaxy gio
LG Optimus one
LG optimus L5
HTC wildfire S.
Asus MeMo pad HD 8 and Memopad HD 7
HP Slate 7 Plus 4200ca
The Following User Says Thank You to chairsz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deansouth8
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Its kinda tricksy but all you have to do is at the ! Hold the vol + down then hold power at the same time. Let go of both pretty quick and Bob's you're uncle. It may take bunches of tries.

Sefrom my Venue 8 3830 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to deansouth8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dabesiv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
thanks guys, I am away from the device for a week but will try when I get home

madi05
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default you guys rock

I can't wait for this!

Dabesiv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up FIXED!!

Got past the dead droid boot thanks to you guys, everything is up and running perfectly again. Thanks guys!!