Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 42,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

request to moderators!!

Tip us?

##W4TCH0UT##
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 631
Default request to moderators!!

Moderators/Admin, please add an
"Original Android Development" Topic for galaxy grand duos
And please remove it from ''Legacy and Low activity devices'' section.
As many developers are working for grand and more roms are pouring in every day.

Kernels are my speciality....

My Works:
Galaxy Grand Duos:
*DedS 4.4 Kernel
*DedS 4.2.2 Stock Kernel

Micromax Canvas 2:
*DedS 4.2.x Kernel

Galaxy Grand 2:
*DedS 4.3 JB Kernel
*DedS v2 4.4 KK Kernel

Motorola Moto X:
*Drool 4.4 KK Kernel

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
You may want to PM one of the moderators...
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Umm...i also agree with the point... But some part of me says that we cant move it from low end..
I mean..think abt it this way brothr..they kept it in low end devices , because of its specifications...(hardware limitations)..
Poor broadcomm chipset is the main reason..and so is resolution...so is in mid activities (correct me if i m wrong brother).
I mean..even if we get kitkat,and many amazing kitkat based roms...
I dont think still it makes our device specs powerful right? Still we are having same broadcomm processor...same specs... Just the soul in changed ..(thanks to all devs).
I mean..galaxy s2 is maybe not in low end devices right?(i cud ve wrong, havnt checkd :P..i m 99% sure it isnt)..bcoz it got more performance chipset and its resolution is perfect w.r.t its screen size...(thats why many heavy games are officially supported for it ,while we haven't got that cake piece )..
I really like ur point and even i wud wish this cud happen... But truth to be told...device is not that powerful..(just the soul is :P..kitkat power ..)..
Sorry if wrong n idiotic me

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
Winter is coming #GameOfThrones

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavsharmaxda View Post
Umm...i also agree with the point... But some part of me says that we cant move it from low end..
I mean..think abt it this way brothr..they kept it in low end devices , because of its specifications...(hardware limitations)..
Poor broadcomm chipset is the main reason..and so is resolution...so is in mid activities (correct me if i m wrong brother).
I mean..even if we get kitkat,and many amazing kitkat based roms...
I dont think still it makes our device specs powerful right? Still we are having same broadcomm processor...same specs... Just the soul in changed ..(thanks to all devs).
I mean..galaxy s2 is maybe not in low end devices right?(i cud ve wrong, havnt checkd :P..i m 99% sure it isnt)..bcoz it got more performance chipset and its resolution is perfect w.r.t its screen size...(thats why many heavy games are officially supported for it ,while we haven't got that cake piece )..
I really like ur point and even i wud wish this cud happen... But truth to be told...device is not that powerful..(just the soul is :P..kitkat power ..)..
Sorry if wrong n idiotic me

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
The power of the device doesn't affect why our forums is in the low activity section... It is just because of that, it has low development activity. I still see LG Optimus Black forums in the main page, not the legacy or low activities, despite its old age (almost 4 years) and low spec for todays standard (1 GHz single core with 512MB RAM). That is because there are lots of people who just can't get rid of using and modifying it.

Now I know that Grand has a large userbase (infact it is one of the best selling phones in some countries) but it doesn't mean that there is a lot of development interest for this device. The vast percentage of the market for Grand is ordinary people who doesn't even know or care about their Android's version number. This is in contrast with the Nexus 5 buyers, for example.

Moreover dual SIM phone = low coverage in western media because no western carrier really wants a dual SIM phone = low popularity in XDA
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

##W4TCH0UT##
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 631
But, at least the moderators should add a "Original Android Development'' Section

Kernels are my speciality....

My Works:
Galaxy Grand Duos:
*DedS 4.4 Kernel
*DedS 4.2.2 Stock Kernel

Micromax Canvas 2:
*DedS 4.2.x Kernel

Galaxy Grand 2:
*DedS 4.3 JB Kernel
*DedS v2 4.4 KK Kernel

Motorola Moto X:
*Drool 4.4 KK Kernel