XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] update quantum rom with cm nightlies

Tip us?

cybrgeek 45
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] update quantum rom with cm nightlies

I'm using Samsung Galaxy s3 i747 d2att....just flashed "[ROM][KERNEL][4.4.2/4.3] Quantum v3.21 & QuantumKernel 1/16". In the about phone settings is the option to update CM nightlies, same as a normal rom from the CM nightly does. This option seems to work as it does bring up available CM nightly roms for download. This Quantum rom is CM based. My question is "should I attempt to install a different CM nightly on this modded rom"? Do you think this option was just left in by mistake by the developer? My instinct tells me not to try it, but I'm not sure if this is an actual update option for the rom. I would ask this in the rom developement section but I am limited by posting rules. Thanks

Threezees
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrgeek 45 View Post
I'm using Samsung Galaxy s3 i747 d2att....just flashed "[ROM][KERNEL][4.4.2/4.3] Quantum v3.21 & QuantumKernel 1/16". In the about phone settings is the option to update CM nightlies, same as a normal rom from the CM nightly does. This option seems to work as it does bring up available CM nightly roms for download. This Quantum rom is CM based. My question is "should I attempt to install a different CM nightly on this modded rom"? Do you think this option was just left in by mistake by the developer? My instinct tells me not to try it, but I'm not sure if this is an actual update option for the rom. I would ask this in the rom developement section but I am limited by posting rules. Thanks
I don't use Quantum anymore, but I think that's just left in there because it's essentially CM but with tweaks and optimizations. I could be wrong, but if you want Pwn's work, don't use CM's updater.
The Following User Says Thank You to Threezees For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cybrgeek 45
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threezees View Post
I don't use Quantum anymore, but I think that's just left in there because it's essentially CM but with tweaks and optimizations. I could be wrong, but if you want Pwn's work, don't use CM's updater.
Thanks for your quick response. That's pretty much what I thought would be the answer, but I did see, in at least one instance, where he advised someone to flash to an earlier CM nightly to try to correct a problem. Thought that maybe that was kind of a standard procedure with CM based roms, & they could continue to be updated with nightlies without losing the tweaks. Thanks again for response!
The Following User Says Thank You to cybrgeek 45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]