Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Newbie modem question

OP DroidNine

16th January 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello all. I have a I9195T (Telstra, Australia - Serranoltexx), which I took the plunge and rooted (thank you arco68!) and then installed CM10.2 direct from the CM wiki page. This is working great, but I am bit confused as to how the modem works. I appear to have retained my baseband (phew!), but wonder how this translates to using other custom ROM's from XDA etc.

If they are made for a different baseband (but for I9195) is it possible to backup the MODEM firmware, flash another ROM and then flash the MODEM over again to retain the baseband? If this is possible where do I find the MODEM firmware to back it up? I've had a search but I think I am missing the really low level understanding of how the MODEM itself fits into the ROM picture.

Any help appreciated, even if its just a search term suggestion or link.

edit: I should put my baseband is I9195TDVUAMH1, using 1800mhz LTE.
Last edited by DroidNine; 16th January 2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Added information.
17th January 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 97

437 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidNine

Hello all. I have a I9195T (Telstra, Australia - Serranoltexx), which I took the plunge and rooted (thank you arco68!) and then installed CM10.2 direct from the CM wiki page. This is working great, but I am bit confused as to how the modem works. I appear to have retained my baseband (phew!), but wonder how this translates to using other custom ROM's from XDA etc.

If they are made for a different baseband (but for I9195) is it possible to backup the MODEM firmware, flash another ROM and then flash the MODEM over again to retain the baseband? If this is possible where do I find the MODEM firmware to back it up? I've had a search but I think I am missing the really low level understanding of how the MODEM itself fits into the ROM picture.

As far as i know our devices does not have any limitations concerning flashing ROMs and having an "incorrect" Modem.
I would recommend though to have always the latest modem.
The Following User Says Thank You to s0ftcorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidNine

You can get some more info via this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545784
The Following User Says Thank You to hobbya For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread