[Q] TWRP installs and loads on my KFTT, but will not load ROM
I've installed TWRP on my KFTT, and the recovery menu loads fine, but when I try to load the system ROM (either the stock Kindle Fire HD one or CM) it sits on the blue kindle fire screen for a long time before the screen gets all corrupted (looks like TV static but motionless.) Here's what I have done, twice:
1) Installed full system recovery with KFFirstAide via my Skorpn factory cable
2) Started it once, not giving my Amazon login or Wifi info
3) Root with "Root with Restore by Bin4ry"
4) Insert Wifi info and log into Amazon, download ES File Explorer
5) Install FireFlash, use it to install TWRP (checking the current system version, to use the right bin)
6) Reboot into recovery mode, make a backup with TWRP, use TWRP to install CM11 and gapps-kk
Even trying to boot into the stock Kindle OS (before or after backing up/restoring with TWRP) has the same result. Help? I'm tired of dealing with the idiosyncrasies of the Kindle version of Android, and I want something closer to stock.