Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc wildfire s stock rom update

Tip us?
 
Ashmeet_kandhari
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Htc wildfire s stock rom update

Hello,
I bought mu wfs in India and i unlocked the bootloader, used custom roms but didn't like anything and now i don't know the original version my phone had, so i started using HTC stock asiaindia by tryfteen now i have got an OTA update but unable to install it. Can anyone help me out with this OTA update plss??
Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app
 
hussy22
Old
#2  
hussy22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 152
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmeet_kandhari View Post
Hello,
I bought mu wfs in India and i unlocked the bootloader, used custom roms but didn't like anything and now i don't know the original version my phone had, so i started using HTC stock asiaindia by tryfteen now i have got an OTA update but unable to install it. Can anyone help me out with this OTA update plss??
Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app
Hmm... so wat u hav to do is u hav to unroot it 1st bcoz ur not using a stock recovery!! OTA update works only in stock recovery not in CWM!! hope I have helped don forget to hit thanks button
sent from I9100 XWLSS
 
Ashmeet_kandhari
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2012
I have tried your suggestion earlier. i had flashed the stock recovery and locked the bootloader and tried to update but it showed error

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app
 
hussy22
Old
#4  
hussy22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 152
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmeet_kandhari View Post
I have tried your suggestion earlier. i had flashed the stock recovery and locked the bootloader and tried to update but it showed error

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app
Hmm don knw whats wrong with your phone anyway do u knw wat update is tht an whats the size of the flash file if it is around 24MB then sure it is a language patch for Indian users thts not gonna make huge update in our little Wfs

sent from I9100 XWLSS
The Following User Says Thank You to hussy22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ashmeet_kandhari
Old
(Last edited by Ashmeet_kandhari; 19th January 2014 at 09:19 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Error image for recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussy22 View Post
Hmm don knw whats wrong with your phone anyway do u knw wat update is tht an whats the size of the flash file if it is around 24MB then sure it is a language patch for Indian users thts not gonna make huge update in our little Wfs

sent from I9100 XWLSS
Ya the update size is 26 mb, but still i wanna learn whats wrong so
During my unlocking process there was no RUU presentt for my phone. Now i used RUU Asia India's stock recovery for my phone and after using recovery and updating my phone i receive that symbol as shown and a status 7 error
Please help me with this error
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00d83451c9ec69e2013485e1497f970c-800wi.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	2525501  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes