daothanhduy1996
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2543

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstTheFlow View Post
Any updates on SlimKat yet?
FYI, this thread might be DISCONTINUED if I can't solve the reboot/freeze issue and there will be another thread for another Slimkat (custom builds) built with SaberMod/Linaro toolchain with tons of ART improvement that official Slimkat hasn't had yet and some custom-ahead features (but still slimkat). I hope it won't have the reboot/freeze issue. And to complete that hope, I am working hard on getting it built w SaberMod/Linaro as our source needs some customizations (DJLamontageIII did once but I think I whacked some off accidentally and I am trying fixing it). Btw I am having intensive workload at school so dunt promise that it will come online soon but will be asap .

Stay tuned and cheers!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

If you find me deserve with all of my work, you can either press "thanks" or donate to help me with my finace for university next year. Thanks!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to daothanhduy1996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markusrow
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by daothanhduy1996 View Post
Hmm weird, lets me check the build again, or I might upload my previous build insted (w/o ota support). Interesting that the only change in this build compare to previous one running on mine is OTA suport and it was cleaner build (on mine was dirty one).

Oh wait, did u flash the build again via TWRP? If not, I am sorry that I forgot telling ya that once u r in TWRP, u have to flash it again (u know how to use TWRP rite?)

Anw, u can still heimdall again n flash slimbean tho so dunt worry
Thanks for the great work on your ROMs

Please help. Hopefully I have not completely messed up.

I am in a similar state. Stuck in boot-loader, 2nd black and white picture of cat. Not your ROM's fault, as I think that the USB driver may have been damaged in a previous install.

Anyway also stuck at the boot loader logo (2nd black and white picture of a cat). I can get into Download the usual ways, and also with a JIG, but Windows does not see the phone at all. I have made sure that it is a motherboard USB port, have deleted old drivers and re-installed, also used zadig which installs. Done this all on laptop and desktop. Neither PC sees the phone. Neither Odin nor Heimdall.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!!!!

Sam Galaxy S II T-Mo | CM11 Nightlies
Sam Galaxy T399 T-Mo | Stock Not Rooted
Sam Galaxy S 4G T-Mo | Barebone SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3 - AntonX

Nook HD+ | Stock CWM/ROOT - LeapenLar
Nook HD | Stock CWM/ROOT - LeapenLar

Nook Color X 2 | CM10.2

daothanhduy1996
Old
(Last edited by daothanhduy1996; 13th January 2014 at 04:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2543

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusrow View Post
Thanks for the great work on your ROMs

Please help. Hopefully I have not completely messed up.

I am in a similar state. Stuck in boot-loader, 2nd black and white picture of cat. Not your ROM's fault, as I think that the USB driver may have been damaged in a previous install.

Anyway also stuck at the boot loader logo (2nd black and white picture of a cat). I can get into Download the usual ways, and also with a JIG, but Windows does not see the phone at all. I have made sure that it is a motherboard USB port, have deleted old drivers and re-installed, also used zadig which installs. Done this all on laptop and desktop. Neither PC sees the phone. Neither Odin nor Heimdall.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!!!!
I have no idea bout ur problem man, sorryyyy . I have used Ubuntu for everything and haven't met one single problem.

And now, here is a lil status update: I was able to build the Slimkat with SaberMod and Linaro toolchain but it again had the camera bug back and one more bug is the phone will be hot reboot when long-press the power button (but it's not the device tree or toochain's fault, it's a bug from official Slimkat beta 2.2 so dunt worry as I know that a slim dev has fixed it and I am gonna sync his change). Btw, the ROM has been rocking so far as I can use the reboot tile in QS to alt the power button. So, that means........ETA time for sure by this weekend y'all will have it .

Linaro and SaberMod incoming

If you find me deserve with all of my work, you can either press "thanks" or donate to help me with my finace for university next year. Thanks!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daothanhduy1996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kyrron
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by daothanhduy1996 View Post
I have no idea bout ur problem man, sorryyyy . I have used Ubuntu for everything and haven't met one single problem.

And now, here is a lil status update: I was able to build the Slimkat with SaberMod and Linaro toolchain but it again had the camera bug back and one more bug is the phone will be hot reboot when long-press the power button (but it's not the device tree or toochain's fault, it's a bug from official Slimkat beta 2.2 so dunt worry as I know that a slim dev has fixed it and I am gonna sync his change). Btw, the ROM has been rocking so far as I can use the reboot tile in QS to alt the power button. So, that means........ETA time for sure by this weekend y'all will have it .

Linaro and SaberMod incoming

Are you going to link up the new thread here when it's ready and then close this one? Can't wait to see KitKat running on this old phone!
Been running your slimbean mod for quite awhile as My daily driver, and it's been pretty rock solid. Thanks for all the hard work on these roms.
Devices:
------------------------

SGH-T959V - Current Daily Driver
SlimSaber 4.4.2

------------------------
Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T679 - Former Daily DriverTBD
CM 10-20130402-UNOFFICIAL-amcora_tmo

------------------------
Samsung GalaxyS (SCH-I500) - Gaming and music 4 My kid
GEEWIZ MEDIA 4.4

------------------------
eLocity A7 Tablet
CyanogenMod-7-08312011-NIGHTLY-smb_a1002-REBUILD
Kernel:
Build Number
GRJ90

------------------------

daothanhduy1996
Old
(Last edited by daothanhduy1996; 15th January 2014 at 03:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2543

DONATE TO ME
I am uploading a test build for SlimSaber. It's 4AM now but I can't sit in front of mah lap til it finishes so hopefully if the upload can to to the end w/o error, you all can grab it at my goo.im folder. I also edited the OTA database to direct ur phone to this build so mayb u will notice this as well.

Moreover, as it's a test build so don't expect things work perfectly. Now I mainly care about freeze/reboot issue, not anything else yet. And one more thing is I hope this build has the hot-reboot-when-long-pressing-power-button fix. But if not, dunt report me about it, just freeze/reboot in ur daily run, no camera, no video playback report also. Thanks!

EDIT: Yikes! just remember that I have to use my phone to tether and I can't leave it home when I go to school lol. Sorry, this will be up in the next 24h then

EDIT2: due to the fact that the commit for hot reboot issue hasn't been mergedinto Slimsaber branch yet so this will be delay a bit

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daothanhduy1996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13091
Thread closed at OP request.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.4.2, android, galaxys4gmtd, kitkat, slimkat
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe