MIUI Optimization Guide

Tip us?

MidnightDevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721
Default MIUI Optimization Guide

Hi,

I decided to write this post, along with hours and days and weeks of tweaking, testing, flash and re-flash over and over again MIUI Rom from MIUIAndroid.
Due the fact that we're not officially supported, we have only available a port (normally it's great) - however, this port has some performance and sometimes battery drain issues.

This small guide, is the result of all that testing, working with different combinations and tweaks. I've tried a LOT of stuff, until finally I seemed to get it right, at least it's a LOT better.

What you gonna need.

1 - The rom from MIUIAndroid obviously. check the list here and download it.
2 - The gapps you're gonna need are for 4.2.2. They can be your choice, but I'm using the ones provided by MIUI. Check here.
3 - I'm using Iodak repacked Kernel. Werewolf kernel seemed to get good performance too. They can either be found here. For the sake of coherency, I'm going with Iodak 8.5. The point is to have the closest configuration as mine.
4 - CrossBreeder script - It's a bundle of tweaks with deep optimizations. It's a necessary thing. Thanks to the author. Check thread & download here.

Instructions:

1 - Flash the rom as usual - Just the rom, nothing else.
2 - Reboot. Setup some stuff if you like, or reboot again to recovery.
3 - Flash Iodak Kernel.
4 - Flash Gapps.
5 - Flash CrossBreeder.
6 - Reboot to MIUI.

Apply build.prop tweaks.
Okay, now we're going to use some build.prop tweaks. They DID seem to help so I'm not leaving it by chance. Head over the thread here and appy them. The 3G ones are optional, we're focusing on performance. I did not apply the init.d ones either. Check thread here.
You'll need a build.prop editor. Search the market for one.
Also, go to Settings - Battery - Power Settings: High Performance (This is NOT the same as Performance Governor).

Whatever tool you're using to control your cpu frequency, I'm using kernel tuner for the sake of also changing OOM values.
On kernel tuner, I'm using the following configuration:

Governor: Interactive
Cpu Min: 3xx mhz (around 300).
CPU Max: 1700.
OOM:: Preset 768 Agressive.
IO Scheduler: SIO
SD Card Cache Size: This isn't a hat that fits for all, but it's found the best value to be 2048, or something.

For performance, this should do the trick.

For battery, besides the tweaks on the build.prop, I use OnePowerGuard (link here Set it to AI (learning mode) and believe me. After 1 hour of listening to music, 3g on, and turning on the screen a lot to check for calls (total of 59 minutes) I got 79% of battery. I know it's not impressive, but kinda is for MIUI.

I think this pretty much sums it. If I remember anything else I'll post.

I'd love to hear experiences and different combinations from the MIUI fans. It's a great rom, it's just a bit sad that falls short on overal performance.

Hope this guide helps. For the first time I'm keeping MIUI for over 24 hours lol.

Mobile: LG Optimus 4X HD

Be tolerant and use Good & Common Sense.

--- Interesting Reading ---
Android Terms / Slangs / Definitions and Guides Revised
Free RAM' Is NOT Wasted RAM
What exactly batterystats.bin does.

Get 15GB of Free Space!!!

Visit our IRC channel and participate irc.freenode.net #p880-dev

Don't reply or post just to increase your posts number, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting to reduce the amount of false information around.
MD

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MidnightDevil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CryptKilla
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Again on miui ?

Sent from www.callofgods.de

MidnightDevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721
I know, I'm persistent, but I hate the fact that miui was once my favourite rom and we could barely use it like we should. Maybe now we'll get a chance :b

Nice to see u iu here Crypt

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

Mobile: LG Optimus 4X HD

Be tolerant and use Good & Common Sense.

--- Interesting Reading ---
Android Terms / Slangs / Definitions and Guides Revised
Free RAM' Is NOT Wasted RAM
What exactly batterystats.bin does.

Get 15GB of Free Space!!!

Visit our IRC channel and participate irc.freenode.net #p880-dev

Don't reply or post just to increase your posts number, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting to reduce the amount of false information around.
MD

The Following User Says Thank You to MidnightDevil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dimi89
Old
Thanks Meter 152
MIUI is great just on screen time is poor (i am geting only 2-2:20 min).Also you forgot to mention start up app permision since it can save a lot of juice.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
****LG 4x -Experimenting with different roms- ****

P.S.If someone help you it is polite to say "Thank you" (in this case hit "Thank you" button

XxXDarknessXxX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I think I failed somewhere because my deepsleep sucks. To 13% from 65% overnight around ten hours. Iodak v9.5 crossbreeder and everything set like in this tutorial.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

moss20
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Also my battery life sucks.

BTW,did anyone try Entropy fFxer and LaxFix free on this rom ?
It seems that they improve a bit ram management.

LG Optimus 4x HD (p880)
ROM : Cyanogenmod Stable 10.1.3 (4.2.2)
Kernel : iodakX3 v9 (3.1.10)