Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Read/Write the NAND of the Chromecast?

Tip us?

Cuxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Read/Write the NAND of the Chromecast?

Hi, has anybody tried to read/write the 29F16G08MAA NAND of the Chromecast? Maybe we can unlock the locked ones on this way.

Best regards Cuxx
HTC 'Sapphire' Magic 32B (sold to mjrgens)
HTC 'ACE' Desire HD A9191 (sold)
Google 'Crespo' Nexus S i9023 (sold)
Asus 'Grouper' Nexus 7 (sold)
LGE 'Mako' Nexus 4 (sold)
Asus 'Flo' Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2
LGE 'Hammerhead' Nexus 5 - Stock 4.4.2

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 825

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuxx View Post
Hi, has anybody tried to read/write the 29F16G08MAA NAND of the Chromecast? Maybe we can unlock the locked ones on this way.

Best regards Cuxx
Keep an eye on this guy.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post49172603
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

DeadlyFoez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I was already thinking about doing this, but from what I've read somewhere else, each CC's flash memory is encrypted with a per device key, so if that is the case then there is no chance of this working without finding a way to get the keys. Too bad I don't have the money available to purchase another CC otherwise I would have already tested this out by just swapping flash chips. I have all the other tools to do anything else that I want, just lack of funds.

jchillerup
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyFoez View Post
I was already thinking about doing this, but from what I've read somewhere else, each CC's flash memory is encrypted with a per device key
I'd appreciate it if you could find a source for that. I'm trying to do this attack too.