XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pebble is it right for me.

Tip us?

Chrono_Tata
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by apples723 View Post
is there an app that will open the notification up on my phone like persay if i got a text i could open it on my phone?
I don't think so. If you want to open up a text on your phone, you have to open it manually on your phone. There is an app that lets you dismiss notifications on the phone from your Pebble though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

apples723
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
I juat noticed this but ive been wearing my pebble for less than 24 hours and I think it came with a scratch on it what to do?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
I love Blackberry and Android. Lets live in peace together, but forget Apple.

Chrono_Tata
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by apples723 View Post
I juat noticed this but ive been wearing my pebble for less than 24 hours and I think it came with a scratch on it what to do?

Get a skin and a screen protector. The plastic on the Pebble is really prone to scratches.

daniel_loft
Old
(Last edited by daniel_loft; 17th January 2014 at 02:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Recently I received a Sony Smartwatch 2 as a present. And, as much as I don't like disappointing on a present, I'm thinking of selling it away and getting a Pebble (the original). I only have a few questions regarding Pebble's usage (sometimes comparing it to Sony SW2):

1. How big Pebble is? (in comparison to Sony SW2, in case you used them both) SW2's height is about 3/4 of my wrist's width. The relatively sharp edges of SW2 seem to bi a little annoying too.
2. Can Pebble display custom watchfaces that contain extra information beside the clock? I thinking about a countdown timer, navigation information, musig info, etc. without having to push buttons. (similar to what metawatch does)
3. Has anyone tried to use Pebble (tied to an appropriate application) for sleep tracking? I'm mostly thinking of alarms that go off when it's best to wake up.
4. Can it control PowerAmp?
5. Can notification vibration patterns be configured, based on notification type?

Thank you!
Nokia 5110 > Alcatel OT303 > Nokia 3310 > Nokia 1100 > Nokia 1112 > Nokia 5000 > Nokia 6555 > Nokia 3120C > Nokia E51 > Nokia E52 > Motorola Defy > Galaxy Nexus

<-- Hit THANKS if this post helped you!

Cero92
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_loft View Post
Recently I received a Sony Smartwatch 2 as a present. And, as much as I don't like disappointing on a present, I'm thinking of selling it away and getting a Pebble (the original). I only have a few questions regarding Pebble's usage (sometimes comparing it to Sony SW2):

1. How big Pebble is? (in comparison to Sony SW2, in case you used them both) The relatively sharp edges of SW2 seem to bi a little annoying.
2. Can Pebble display custom watchfaces that contain extra information beside the clock? I thinking about a countdown timer, navigation information, musig info, etc.
3. Has anyone tried to use Pebble (tied to an appropriate application) for sleep tracking? I'm mostly thinking of alarms that go off when it's best to wake up.
4. Can it control PowerAmp?
5. Can notification vibration patterns be configured, based on notification type?

Thank you!
I also had a Smartwatch 2 and returned it after getting a Pebble.
1. Pebble is quite smaller and more comfortable to wear, however the SW2 was not too bad for me about that
2. I'm sure it can show notification counts (missed calls, SMSs, mails), meteo and probably music, not sure about other things.
4. As far as I can read on Google, yes it can
5. Not natively, but probably you can do that if you let some external app handle notifications instead of the official one.

apples723
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono_Tata View Post
Get a skin and a screen protector. The plastic on the Pebble is really prone to scratches.

Hardest thing I've ever done applying this screen protector. Had bought messed up I came up with an excuse for best buy to give me another one and used water on the screen protector taped then on to watch and squeeged out water

I love Blackberry and Android. Lets live in peace together, but forget Apple.