Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Had some serious issues. Ideas and suggestions would be helpful

Tip us?

winewalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Default Had some serious issues. Ideas and suggestions would be helpful

This is my first time dealing with LG in my rooting career.

I got my OGP Home and rooted it quickly and easily and flashed Slimkat 4.2.2. I had constant issues with dropping and losing signal. Convinced that it was an issue with KitKat, I flashed Vanir 4.2.1 and the modem that was suggested. This resulted in me COMPLETELY losing mobile data.

I called AT&T and they worked fixed some IMEI issues that I had, but it still didn't fix my mobile data. I decided that I would just restore from backup to the original Slimkat that at least worked most of the time.

I flashed back to slimkat and had no signal issues (so I am assuming that whatever the AT&T rep did to my account fixed the issue to slimkat)

I took the opportunity to reflash Vanir, and lost data services again. So I restored yet another time to slimkat, and my data worked again.

After all this I was so digusted that I unrooted and flashed back to stock last night and updated the firmware and broke the ability to re-root for now.

I like this phone, but I am considering switching back to Samsung.

Does anyone know what could have caused all of these issues with LG. Is this a common issue?
If you are going through Hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
AT&T HTC One
Dirty Unicorns

If all else fails, Click HERE

stfly
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Similar issues have been reported on almost all ROMS, from lost service, no GPS to no working sensors. Until a proper bootloader unlock is discovered/developed, these problems will persist. I'm running G2 V5 right now, seems to be the most stable but not KitKat though.

winewalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
I flashed CyanogenMod and it seems to be doing well. It's important to back up your efc and restore it if you have issues. I thought I was seasoned on this stuff, but this phone made me feel like a novice

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you are going through Hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
AT&T HTC One
Dirty Unicorns

If all else fails, Click HERE