FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

Problem after restore. Was it a 1 time fluke?

1,664 posts
Thanks Meter: 260
 
By pathtologos, Senior Member on 18th January 2014, 02:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey all. I recently had a custom rom all nice and set up (it was jedi) and I decided I wanted to see how an aosp rom looked on my n3. So, like a good boy, I backed up my data, system, and boot partitions. Once done I flashed my aosp, checked it out, saw potential, but decided I wanted to go back (for now). Anyway, upon restoring, my jedi rom wasn't the same. It got buggy. The power button stopped putting the screen to sleep and because of this (I think), he device started freezing up a bit. This was especially true when rebooting.

I'm posting here to ask if this was just a fluke for me? Have others had issues with restoring anything? I'm tempted to try a different aosp but I'm on wicked now and it is SWEET. Wouldn't wanna risk messing it up.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
18th January 2014, 02:54 AM |#2  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 2,197
 
More
Just be careful you don't get flamed for not using the search feature and google.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 11:24 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathtologos

Hey all. I recently had a custom rom all nice and set up (it was jedi) and I decided I wanted to see how an aosp rom looked on my n3. So, like a good boy, I backed up my data, system, and boot partitions. Once done I flashed my aosp, checked it out, saw potential, but decided I wanted to go back (for now). Anyway, upon restoring, my jedi rom wasn't the same. It got buggy. The power button stopped putting the screen to sleep and because of this (I think), he device started freezing up a bit. This was especially true when rebooting.

I'm posting here to ask if this was just a fluke for me? Have others had issues with restoring anything? I'm tempted to try a different aosp but I'm on wicked now and it is SWEET. Wouldn't wanna risk messing it up.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dont quote me, but I think I have read that you should never restore any backups with the Note 3 as there is an issue causing a bunch of bad things to happen. Most the threads I have read through simply say to reflash never restore.
The Following User Says Thank You to drocksmash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 03:43 PM |#4  
pathtologos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Meter: 260
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

Just be careful you don't get flamed for not using the search feature and google.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

Thanks for the warning...lol. I posted a similar question within a specific roms thread, and nobody really answered.





Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash

dont quote me, but I think I have read that you should never restore any backups with the Note 3 as there is an issue causing a bunch of bad things to happen. Most the threads I have read through simply say to reflash never restore.

That really sucks.



Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th January 2014, 06:48 PM |#5  
cortez.i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 262
 
101010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash

dont quote me, but I think I have read that you should never restore any backups with the Note 3 as there is an issue causing a bunch of bad things to happen. Most the threads I have read through simply say to reflash never restore.

i backup and restore with TWRP 2-3 times a week when i test the different 4.4 KK ROMs for the note 3. as i understand it (and practice), when restoring backups only restore the System, Boot and Data partitions. this has not failed me one time nor has it caused any issues. i recall that restoring the EFS partition caused device stability issues with earlier versions of the TWRP custom recoveries.
The Following User Says Thank You to cortez.i For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 07:25 PM |#6  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 2,197
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez.i

i backup and restore with TWRP 2-3 times a week when i test the different 4.4 KK ROMs for the note 3. as i understand it (and practice), when restoring backups only restore the System, Boot and Data partitions. this has not failed me one time nor has it caused any issues. i recall that restoring the EFS partition caused device stability issues with earlier versions of the TWRP custom recoveries.

They still causing issues. Some get lucky some don't.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
18th January 2014, 07:46 PM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag colorado
Thanks Meter: 399
 
More
Yup

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 08:31 PM |#8  
cortez.i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 262
 
101010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

They still causing issues. Some get lucky some don't.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

Guess I should consider myself as one of the lucky ones.

Sent from my mobile device
The Following User Says Thank You to cortez.i For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 02:28 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Any word on if Titanium Backup people are working on a fix/update yet?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes