Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem after restore. Was it a 1 time fluke?

Tip us?

pathtologos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Default Problem after restore. Was it a 1 time fluke?

Hey all. I recently had a custom rom all nice and set up (it was jedi) and I decided I wanted to see how an aosp rom looked on my n3. So, like a good boy, I backed up my data, system, and boot partitions. Once done I flashed my aosp, checked it out, saw potential, but decided I wanted to go back (for now). Anyway, upon restoring, my jedi rom wasn't the same. It got buggy. The power button stopped putting the screen to sleep and because of this (I think), he device started freezing up a bit. This was especially true when rebooting.

I'm posting here to ask if this was just a fluke for me? Have others had issues with restoring anything? I'm tempted to try a different aosp but I'm on wicked now and it is SWEET. Wouldn't wanna risk messing it up.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 656
Just be careful you don't get flamed for not using the search feature and google.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
NOTE 3 TWEAKED
The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drocksmash
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathtologos View Post
Hey all. I recently had a custom rom all nice and set up (it was jedi) and I decided I wanted to see how an aosp rom looked on my n3. So, like a good boy, I backed up my data, system, and boot partitions. Once done I flashed my aosp, checked it out, saw potential, but decided I wanted to go back (for now). Anyway, upon restoring, my jedi rom wasn't the same. It got buggy. The power button stopped putting the screen to sleep and because of this (I think), he device started freezing up a bit. This was especially true when rebooting.

I'm posting here to ask if this was just a fluke for me? Have others had issues with restoring anything? I'm tempted to try a different aosp but I'm on wicked now and it is SWEET. Wouldn't wanna risk messing it up.

Thanks.

dont quote me, but I think I have read that you should never restore any backups with the Note 3 as there is an issue causing a bunch of bad things to happen. Most the threads I have read through simply say to reflash never restore.
The Following User Says Thank You to drocksmash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pathtologos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
Just be careful you don't get flamed for not using the search feature and google.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
Thanks for the warning...lol. I posted a similar question within a specific roms thread, and nobody really answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
dont quote me, but I think I have read that you should never restore any backups with the Note 3 as there is an issue causing a bunch of bad things to happen. Most the threads I have read through simply say to reflash never restore.
That really sucks.

cortez.i
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
i backup and restore with TWRP 2-3 times a week when i test the different 4.4 KK ROMs for the note 3. as i understand it (and practice), when restoring backups only restore the System, Boot and Data partitions. this has not failed me one time nor has it caused any issues. i recall that restoring the EFS partition caused device stability issues with earlier versions of the TWRP custom recoveries.
d.cortez || HTC One (M8) || SGN 3 || Nexus 7 (LTE)
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm Happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" --Snoopy
The Following User Says Thank You to cortez.i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
i backup and restore with TWRP 2-3 times a week when i test the different 4.4 KK ROMs for the note 3. as i understand it (and practice), when restoring backups only restore the System, Boot and Data partitions. this has not failed me one time nor has it caused any issues. i recall that restoring the EFS partition caused device stability issues with earlier versions of the TWRP custom recoveries.
They still causing issues. Some get lucky some don't.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
NOTE 3 TWEAKED

chuko303
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 399
Yup

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

cortez.i
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
They still causing issues. Some get lucky some don't.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
Guess I should consider myself as one of the lucky ones.

Sent from my mobile device
d.cortez || HTC One (M8) || SGN 3 || Nexus 7 (LTE)
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm Happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" --Snoopy
The Following User Says Thank You to cortez.i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Any word on if Titanium Backup people are working on a fix/update yet?
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.