Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked phone plz help

Tip us?

harry92008
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Bricked phone plz help

Hi All,

I was on Omni Rom 4.4.2. today I downloaded CM Nightly 10.2. Placed it on the SD card..rebooted into recovery. Wiped data, cache everything and then ran the CM ROM file to install from zip.I got a warning that said installation failed. Now i don't have any ROM as i did a full wipe. When i try to mount USB storage..nothing happens. I have TeamWIn recovery. I don't knwo what to do now. Please help.

forest1971
Old
Thanks Meter 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry92008 View Post
Hi All,

I was on Omni Rom 4.4.2. today I downloaded CM Nightly 10.2. Placed it on the SD card..rebooted into recovery. Wiped data, cache everything and then ran the CM ROM file to install from zip.I got a warning that said installation failed. Now i don't have any ROM as i did a full wipe. When i try to mount USB storage..nothing happens. I have TeamWIn recovery. I don't knwo what to do now. Please help.
If you have an sd card it will be easier. Just load a working rom in it using computer. Otherwise, there seems to be a sideload option in twrp, but i have not tried.

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2632
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest1971 View Post
If you have an sd card it will be easier. Just load a working rom in it using computer. Otherwise, there seems to be a sideload option in twrp, but i have not tried.
Sideloading is simple
go to advanced settings and enable sideload.
connect phone to pc and open command prompt.
run command
adb sideload "name of zip"
this should install the zip... may be the CM10.2 you downloaded was a bad zip. download again and match md5.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]