Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I root 4.3 ?

Tip us?

Voyaging
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Can I root 4.3 ?

Hello everyone,
I had to send my phone back to Verizon due to hardware issues (I was rooted and running 4.1.2...). The new phone came with 4.3. Is it possible to root this? I saw in the main root guide that if i tried using that method, i'd brick my phone. So if you can point me to a guide for rooting 4.3, i'd like to get a good rom flashed on this thing..
thanks,
tommy

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyaging View Post
Hello everyone,
I had to send my phone back to Verizon due to hardware issues (I was rooted and running 4.1.2...). The new phone came with 4.3. Is it possible to root this? I saw in the main root guide that if i tried using that method, i'd brick my phone. So if you can point me to a guide for rooting 4.3, i'd like to get a good rom flashed on this thing..
thanks,
tommy
Everything you need is here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Voyaging
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I read through a few pages… All I see there is that there's no way to root 4.3… No way to flash ROMs?

Voyaging
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
Everything you need is here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661

I read through a few pages… All I see there is that there's no way to root 4.3… No way to flash ROMs?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,942
Quote:
Click the link that reads "Saferoot for rooting after 4.3." Then once you've achieved root access, use Safestrap which is linked in that TW discussion thread.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
You can root, but no AOSP roms. You can install a recovery called safestrap and run custom touchwiz roms.

It's all in the OP. Everything is linked there.

Edit: ninja'd....

The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
You can root, but no AOSP roms. You can install a recovery called safestrap and run custom touchwiz roms.

It's all in the OP. Everything is linked there.

Edit: ninja'd....

You were a bit more detailed my friend, I keep forgetting about the custom TW 4.3 only limitation with Safestrap.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ohhdangnickson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy help me cant root 4.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
You were a bit more detailed my friend, I keep forgetting about the custom TW 4.3 only limitation with Safestrap.
can anyone help me please this is like my 3rd replacement device my first one had no issue and the efs partiton randomly got friend the second one got bricked well now this one I know the bootloader is locked forever im fine with have 4.3 and no custom roms I just want root I have been trying and trying safe root for days the correct drivers are installed debugging is turned on on my phone and I have been switching between mtp and ptp like the install.bat says to do is there a way to get a log? it says waiting on my phone to appear I know it can take some time I have been waiting for the popup on my phone to say allow this computer but it wont pop up someone please help me I have to have root on this phone asap I guess im a complete noob to samsung and verizon android devices im considering the nexus 5 for less headaces please reply with some help

ohhdangnickson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhdangnickson View Post
can anyone help me please this is like my 3rd replacement device my first one had no issue and the efs partiton randomly got friend the second one got bricked well now this one I know the bootloader is locked forever im fine with have 4.3 and no custom roms I just want root I have been trying and trying safe root for days the correct drivers are installed debugging is turned on on my phone and I have been switching between mtp and ptp like the install.bat says to do is there a way to get a log? it says waiting on my phone to appear I know it can take some time I have been waiting for the popup on my phone to say allow this computer but it wont pop up someone please help me I have to have root on this phone asap I guess im a complete noob to samsung and verizon android devices im considering the nexus 5 for less headaces please reply with some help
stuck at waiting for device to appear ive used like 4 different cables ive never had this issue using saferoot seriously last few times I used it it was done in under 30 seconds

Tags
4.3, root on 4.3