Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] Can I root 4.3 ?

OP Voyaging

19th January 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

53 posts
Hello everyone,
I had to send my phone back to Verizon due to hardware issues (I was rooted and running 4.1.2...). The new phone came with 4.3. Is it possible to root this? I saw in the main root guide that if i tried using that method, i'd brick my phone. So if you can point me to a guide for rooting 4.3, i'd like to get a good rom flashed on this thing..
thanks,
tommy
19th January 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 768

1,522 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyaging

Hello everyone,
I had to send my phone back to Verizon due to hardware issues (I was rooted and running 4.1.2...). The new phone came with 4.3. Is it possible to root this? I saw in the main root guide that if i tried using that method, i'd brick my phone. So if you can point me to a guide for rooting 4.3, i'd like to get a good rom flashed on this thing..
thanks,
tommy

Everything you need is here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
19th January 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

53 posts
I read through a few pages… All I see there is that there's no way to root 4.3… No way to flash ROMs?
19th January 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

Everything you need is here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661

I read through a few pages… All I see there is that there's no way to root 4.3… No way to flash ROMs?
19th January 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,982

5,525 posts
More
Quote:

Click the link that reads "Saferoot for rooting after 4.3." Then once you've achieved root access, use Safestrap which is linked in that TW discussion thread.
19th January 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 768

1,522 posts
Quote:

You can root, but no AOSP roms. You can install a recovery called safestrap and run custom touchwiz roms.

It's all in the OP. Everything is linked there.

Edit: ninja'd....

The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,982

5,525 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

You can root, but no AOSP roms. You can install a recovery called safestrap and run custom touchwiz roms.

It's all in the OP. Everything is linked there.

Edit: ninja'd....

You were a bit more detailed my friend, I keep forgetting about the custom TW 4.3 only limitation with Safestrap.
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #8  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Unhappy help me cant root 4.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

You were a bit more detailed my friend, I keep forgetting about the custom TW 4.3 only limitation with Safestrap.

can anyone help me please this is like my 3rd replacement device my first one had no issue and the efs partiton randomly got friend the second one got bricked well now this one I know the bootloader is locked forever im fine with have 4.3 and no custom roms I just want root I have been trying and trying safe root for days the correct drivers are installed debugging is turned on on my phone and I have been switching between mtp and ptp like the install.bat says to do is there a way to get a log? it says waiting on my phone to appear I know it can take some time I have been waiting for the popup on my phone to say allow this computer but it wont pop up someone please help me I have to have root on this phone asap I guess im a complete noob to samsung and verizon android devices im considering the nexus 5 for less headaces please reply with some help
19th January 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #9  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhdangnickson

can anyone help me please this is like my 3rd replacement device my first one had no issue and the efs partiton randomly got friend the second one got bricked well now this one I know the bootloader is locked forever im fine with have 4.3 and no custom roms I just want root I have been trying and trying safe root for days the correct drivers are installed debugging is turned on on my phone and I have been switching between mtp and ptp like the install.bat says to do is there a way to get a log? it says waiting on my phone to appear I know it can take some time I have been waiting for the popup on my phone to say allow this computer but it wont pop up someone please help me I have to have root on this phone asap I guess im a complete noob to samsung and verizon android devices im considering the nexus 5 for less headaces please reply with some help

stuck at waiting for device to appear ive used like 4 different cables ive never had this issue using saferoot seriously last few times I used it it was done in under 30 seconds

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.3, root on 4.3
Previous Thread Next Thread