5,593,876 Members 46,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] questions before flashing...

Tip us?

sevomemo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] questions before flashing...

1) i ordered a global 16gb moto g from amazon US site...i live in egypt
which stock firmware should i download for this phone..i want both latest stock images for 4.3 and 4.4
from this page http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

2)i live in egypt..will i get ota like anybody in the world have the same model of the phone or i will get it in a different time because i live in a different country?

3)if i removed an app (eg. moto assist) using titanium backup..will i still get ota or not?

4)how many firmwares released for 16gb global version based on 4.4?

thanks in advance

deadpunk
Old
(Last edited by deadpunk; 19th January 2014 at 03:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevomemo View Post
1) i ordered a global 16gb moto g from amazon US site...i live in egypt
which stock firmware should i download for this phone..i want both latest stock images for 4.3 and 4.4
from this page http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

2)i live in egypt..will i get ota like anybody in the world have the same model of the phone or i will get it in a different time because i live in a different country?

3)if i removed an app (eg. moto assist) using titanium backup..will i still get ota or not?

4)how many firmwares released for 16gb global version based on 4.4?

thanks in advance
1) If your not rooted and still stock... you dont have to worry about downloading it there.. But just in case, Just check which model you got, if its the international version, you should download this one: Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US for kitkat or Blur_Version.14.14.16.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US for jellybean.

2) Once your receive your moto g,you can update it to 4.4.2 since OTA is already out for US. I got mine from uk and i live in Mauritius, i received the OTA like others in the uk.

3) Never tried this, but it should work.. You will receive the OTA but can't confirm installation will be successful without errors . you could just disable the app (eg: moto assist) and it doesn't require root.

4) You don't need to worry if you have the 16gb or 8gb, since you will download the same firmware.
Device: Nexus4 E960 16GB [ 4.4.2 Stock Rooted & Ubuntu Touch 14.04 ]
Device: Moto G XT1032 8GB [ 4.4.2 GPe Rooted ]
The Following User Says Thank You to deadpunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]