FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Atf did i do wrong? !!

19th January 2014, 03:50 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
I rooted the phone, I installed safe strap and tried to flash slim bean and it brick my phone to the point that it wouldn't turn on and won't even charge. Lucky I only had one week with the phone and got another one back. I have rooted many galaxy s phones this is the most difficult one ...so ridiculous. I'm done with Samsung! !
 
 
19th January 2014, 04:06 AM |#2  
scott14719's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 815
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal4877

I rooted the phone, I installed safe strap and tried to flash slim bean and it brick my phone to the point that it wouldn't turn on and won't even charge. Lucky I only had one week with the phone and got another one back. I have rooted many galaxy s phones this is the most difficult one ...so ridiculous. I'm done with Samsung! !

So what is your question?
19th January 2014, 04:12 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Didn't think you could flash slim bean using safe strap?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th January 2014, 04:35 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
OK so I can't flash with safestrap ? I tried rom manager that didn't work either I'm on latest stock 4.3 mk2
19th January 2014, 04:38 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
Should have read the front page of safestrap and also the the thread in Q/A section. You can only flash 4.3 Touchwiz roms. Safestrap is the only recovery that works for MK2 currently.
19th January 2014, 04:46 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Got it, so is useless. Thanks man. And I assume that we can't use Odin either to downgrade right? ? Man I missed those days!!
Last edited by cal4877; 19th January 2014 at 04:51 AM.
19th January 2014, 05:00 AM |#7  
scott14719's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 815
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal4877

Got it, so is useless. Thanks man. And I assume that we can't use Odin either to downgrade right? ? Man I missed those days!!

Why don't you do some reading and learning about your device before you brick a 2nd phone for not reading? Everything you have asked in this thread has been thoroughly covered already. It's not Samsung's fault that you are doing things wrong.
19th January 2014, 05:12 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719

Why don't you do some reading and learning about your device before you brick a 2nd phone for not reading? Everything you have asked in this thread has been thoroughly covered already. It's not Samsung's fault that you are doing things wrong.

it said a "any" rom .maybe someone needs to change the wording a little don't you think? How about "some roms"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-18-21-06-27.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	2525201  
19th January 2014, 04:34 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
That thread is for MDL, not safestrap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes