XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Atf did i do wrong? !!

Tip us?

cal4877
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Atf did i do wrong? !!

I rooted the phone, I installed safe strap and tried to flash slim bean and it brick my phone to the point that it wouldn't turn on and won't even charge. Lucky I only had one week with the phone and got another one back. I have rooted many galaxy s phones this is the most difficult one ...so ridiculous. I'm done with Samsung! !

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal4877 View Post
I rooted the phone, I installed safe strap and tried to flash slim bean and it brick my phone to the point that it wouldn't turn on and won't even charge. Lucky I only had one week with the phone and got another one back. I have rooted many galaxy s phones this is the most difficult one ...so ridiculous. I'm done with Samsung! !
So what is your question?
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

ozziedog
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Didn't think you could flash slim bean using safe strap?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cal4877
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
OK so I can't flash with safestrap ? I tried rom manager that didn't work either I'm on latest stock 4.3 mk2

Kaze105
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Should have read the front page of safestrap and also the the thread in Q/A section. You can only flash 4.3 Touchwiz roms. Safestrap is the only recovery that works for MK2 currently.

cal4877
Old
(Last edited by cal4877; 19th January 2014 at 04:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Got it, so is useless. Thanks man. And I assume that we can't use Odin either to downgrade right? ? Man I missed those days!!

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal4877 View Post
Got it, so is useless. Thanks man. And I assume that we can't use Odin either to downgrade right? ? Man I missed those days!!
Why don't you do some reading and learning about your device before you brick a 2nd phone for not reading? Everything you have asked in this thread has been thoroughly covered already. It's not Samsung's fault that you are doing things wrong.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

cal4877
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
Why don't you do some reading and learning about your device before you brick a 2nd phone for not reading? Everything you have asked in this thread has been thoroughly covered already. It's not Samsung's fault that you are doing things wrong.
it said a "any" rom .maybe someone needs to change the wording a little don't you think? How about "some roms"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-18-21-06-27.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	2525201  

HiTideBlastoise
Old
Thanks Meter 31
That thread is for MDL, not safestrap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app