Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Q Why is my charger taking forever?

Tip us?

Twillis56
Old
(Last edited by Twillis56; 19th January 2014 at 01:16 PM.) Reason: Spelling errors
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug [Q] [Q Why is my charger taking forever?

This is my first post on xda, but I figured y'all could tell me more than the people at Samsung could. Long story short, my phone charges, but it takes forever. My girlfriends began doing it about a week ago and she's on completely stock, touchwiz rom. (she's not that great with computers) I, however am on cyanogenmod 11 and it's been working great. I have no idea why it won't charge. Please help! It drives me crazy.

droider137
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I recently had the same problem. Try using a different charger and see if that makes a difference. Mine connected to the computer ok, just took forever to charge. My problem was solved by replacing only the samsung usb wire with one I purchased from monoprice. Best part is they have a great warranty.

vax1170
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had a very similar situation. Cable appeared to work fine and then suddenly had issue charging. The phone would recognize it as a charger, but by morning it was either not fully charger, or worse yet shut down. Simply changing the cable proved the older one was just shot ....