No registration required

[Q] NOTE 2 - SGH-T889V - Unregistered Sim

OP mateen_aka

19th January 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all,

I'm having a serious issue with my phone that just recently bought off kijiji, I suspect that my phone could be blacklisted or blocked.

So, heres the issue we, me and my friend went and tested this phone out. Since my sim was too big for the Note 2, my friend tried his and worked fine with WIND. After the person who's selling to me swiped the note 2 and gave to me. Deal done. Ok, once I got home, I cut my sim to size and tested it = invalid sim. Asks for unlocked code, but when i called the guy (person who sold it) he told me originally the phone is factory unlocked and suspected that i may have damaged the pins but wait if i did damage the sim slot pins it would've said NO SIM. Went to the store got it unlocked and still have the same problem. Went to a virgin store gave me a new sim that's actually to size and same problem. After virgin told me that on their records the IEMI # - listed a completely different phone like Galaxy Ace S6802 but the serial number on the phone is registered as a NOTE 2. So that's major red flag. Next, went to Wind, they said their going to charge me to get the phone registered on their networks. But there's the thing the phone worked with Wind sim card but after unlocked NO SIM cards work. I went to the settings of the phone and it supports multi band network so LTE and GSM and all the others should work. Also, when i use my friend's sim it says roaming but still doesn't work.

So, i'm assuming the original person stole the phone and it has been blacklisted and maybe he got some hacked to make it work for himself. By the way i do know where this person lives and i have strong evidences to support my claim against this person and will file a report against him if necessary.

SOOOO...any ideas guys?
19th January 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Anyone got any input on the topic?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread