Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more
Post Reply

Is my charger not working 100%efficient?

OP thermax04

19th January 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #1  
thermax04's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 969
 
2,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
I have N9005 MJ7 rooted
iam using galaxy charging current pro, to measure my charger output, but with my phone gives only 1200mah, while our charger should gives 2000mah, iam using the original charger and cable which came with the mobile
is it normal, does anyone got a better score? which apps do u use?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2014-01-19-19-23-45.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	2526192  
19th January 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,562
 
5,226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermax04

I have N9005 MJ7 rooted
iam using galaxy charging current pro, to measure my charger output, but with my phone gives only 1200mah, while our charger should gives 2000mah, iam using the original charger and cable which came with the mobile
is it normal, does anyone got a better score? which apps do u use?

i get that as well dont think charging current pro is compatible with note 3 so dont worry about it
19th January 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 320
 
1,117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermax04

I have N9005 MJ7 rooted
iam using galaxy charging current pro, to measure my charger output, but with my phone gives only 1200mah, while our charger should gives 2000mah, iam using the original charger and cable which came with the mobile
is it normal, does anyone got a better score? which apps do u use?

That app is OK and probably your charger is also OK - the circuit that controls charging is probably limiting the current in order to keep it safe (for instance if it is too warm it might use an even lover current). Also the current is optimized as to be different at different levels of the battery capacity.

That being said I am always charging over night with a safe USB port - that way the current is 500mA max and the battery life is maximized, while I still get a completely full battery in the morning.
19th January 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #4  
thermax04's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 969
 
2,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101

That app is OK and probably your charger is also OK - the circuit that controls charging is probably limiting the current in order to keep it safe (for instance if it is too warm it might use an even lover current). Also the current is optimized as to be different at different levels of the battery capacity.

That being said I am always charging over night with a safe USB port - that way the current is 500mA max and the battery life is maximized, while I still get a completely full battery in the morning.

I have a friend who has a 3 month S4, he used to leave the battery charging over night also, and the battery swollen and life daily use decreased to less than a day in 3 month use only!!!
19th January 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #5  
thermax04's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 969
 
2,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut

i get that as well dont think charging current pro is compatible with note 3 so dont worry about it

did u try any other apps?
why Maximum result is not showing?
19th January 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #6  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,562
 
5,226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermax04

did u try any other apps?
why Maximum result is not showing?

Na just not bothered it charges fast so I'm happy
19th January 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 320
 
1,117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermax04

I have a friend who has a 3 month S4, he used to leave the battery charging over night also, and the battery swollen and life daily use decreased to less than a day in 3 month use only!!!

Yes, but:

- the S4 does not have the same charging algorithm as the Note3

- he was probably charging the S4 (which has different battery, charger and algorithm) at 1000 mAh or so (which was the most important point I was making, the 500 mAh are not 2x safer, are probably 4 to 8x safer, probably 20x safer than 2000mAh, that is not a linear thing)

- I think the S4 batteries had a certain defective batch (the media spoke at some point about it)

- there will always be a certain very small percentage of batteries that WILL go bad "no matter what", but that is usually exceedingly small if the charge process is done correctly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank