XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Strange problem with sound.

Tip us?

Satstalker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Strange problem with sound.

I have a sgh i747m rooted running 4.3. My problem started before the update to 4.3. When ever I turn on my Bluetooth to connect with my pioneer radio in my truck it seems to lower my notification volume, in fact all volumes are affected. Even after I disconnect the Bluetooth it still keeps the volume low. The only way to get the volume back to normal is to reboot the phone. It's becoming a pita. I don't want to reboot my phone every time I get out of my truck. I thought that by updating to 4.3 would have fixed the problem but it didn't. I uninstalled several apps I thought were the culprit but no luck. I thought it was Tasker because I use it to turn of my Bluetooth when I leave my truck. But I uninstalled Tasker and secure settings and I still had the problem. That's when I noticed it was happening only when I used Bluetooth that it screws up my sound volume. I hope someone can help me out and figure out what is causing this annoyance.
Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Satstalker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Nobody ever have this problem?

Satstalker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
OK. I have narrowed it down a little more. I can turn on Bluetooth and it does not affect my volumes. But as soon as it connects to my radio in my truck it lowers all the volumes and only a reboot can put the volume back to the way they were. Any help would be appreciated as its driving me crazy.

Michael503
Old
Thanks Meter 4
you can try a 3rd party app, like bluetooth volume and see if that patches it

Satstalker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
OK Thanks I'll try it.

Satstalker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael503 View Post
you can try a 3rd party app, like bluetooth volume and see if that patches it
Well i have tried that and i still have the problem. If i connect to any Bluetooth device it lowers all my volumes by about 3/4 and puts all the volume sliders to the max position. I have gone through several apps to see if they have Bluetooth settings and found nothing. I have power amp installed and checked it settings and found nothing, I even uninstalled it and it did not help.
I deleted all my Bluetooth profiles in my phone and in my Pioneer radio and reconnected it and that did not work. I'm at a loss. There has to be a setting or an app that's causing this issue as it started before the 4.3 update. I just cant find it.
Any help from the XDA phone gurus would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Satstalker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Smile Volume issues fixed. 100% Working fix.

OK. I was still having the problem even after deleting most of the apps i thought were causing the problem. But had no luck fixing the volume issue. I remembered my son saying he has had a problem with his phone not connecting to the Bluetooth also but his had a different error. So i asked him what his issue was and he said every time he tries to connect he gets an error saying "unable to play during call" So i googled his problem and found the answer and it fixed his Bluetooth error. I then checked my own settings and changed it also and if fixed mine.

So If you use text plus go to settings and unselect enable incoming calls, and that will fix the unable to play during call error when using your music player over Bluetooth. And like me if your also having volume issues after connecting to Bluetooth it will fix that also. Make sure to reboot your phone after the change.
I hope this helps somebody as this problem has been driving me crazy for months now. I was so close to doing a factory reset and re flashing the rooted 4.3 rom again.