Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

rooting droid developers edition?

Tip us?

scallawag
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default rooting droid developers edition?

I have the droid maxx developers edition with an unlocked boot loader. I have read that with an unlocked boot loader the new droids are easy to root but haven't seen and methods. I'm really new at this but can follow directions. Like after soft bricking my maxx trying to upgrade to 4.4 I restored to 4.2.2 using ADB Telnet ETC. I am now on 4.4 and would like to root can anyone send me in the right direction. The boot loader is unlocked.

Also a site, page, glossery of terms like Side Loading ETC. That would be very helpful.

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by scallawag View Post
I have the droid maxx developers edition with an unlocked boot loader. I have read that with an unlocked boot loader the new droids are easy to root but haven't seen and methods. I'm really new at this but can follow directions. Like after soft bricking my maxx trying to upgrade to 4.4 I restored to 4.2.2 using ADB Telnet ETC. I am now on 4.4 and would like to root can anyone send me in the right direction. The boot loader is unlocked.

Also a site, page, glossery of terms like Side Loading ETC. That would be very helpful.
Don't know too much about it but found this. Hope it helps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2601721

[Q] Dev Edition Maxx - how to get root access / possible Stock Recovery problem?

Sent from my KitKat Ultra