5,598,297 Members 47,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BUG] Screen time / Calibration on charge on/off

Tip us?

Steamer86
Old
(Last edited by Steamer86; 24th December 2013 at 05:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Default [BUG] Screen time / Calibration on charge on/off

Noticed this today after messing around with GSam and BBS around 7PM or so. Sometimes on certain instances, repeated by repluging different cables to get screen read. Possibly causing bad calibration? This would not reverse (even on reboot) and read randomly until I replugged charge cable. Not sure what the issue is, thinking possibly Lux and negative brightness? Not sure why a replug fixes it. I'm negative most of the time and can't really repeat screen error changing brightness settings. I could try reducing to a positive +1 and see if it happens again, just sucks as the lower brightness is more comfortable to my eyes and saves battery. Would hate if it were a lux issue no matter, really only thing I could think would cause it. I'm pretty stock. First time I've noticed this. Stock auto blows. Don't want to have to "reset" battery keeping phone off 5-10 minutes randomly either. Just making you guys/woman aware. Hope this was isolated today. I'll be keeping an eye out on logs and make sure.

The phone screen was on and active during this screen prior to all reboots. Even system battery showed no count on screen time.

After replug.

I lost quite a bit of screen time during these bugs. Not sure if this is/will cause the calibration issue as well making need for resets.

Edit: SCREEN_FROZEN(Android System) wakelock was caused by quite/silent mode. Pressing vol directly increased the count w/prompt, as does whatever sound trying to go off, and whatever other random thing is increasing its count.

Steamer86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Update: After weeks of use, and updating to 12B, this issue has not resurfaced.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steamer86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]