5,603,920 Members 42,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can? And how? Please and thank you!

Tip us?

Twoshots420!
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can? And how? Please and thank you!

OK just signed up and new to the site so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place but my question is this..... I have a rooted Motorola atrix HD LTE 8gig ( which is the problem ) with stock ROM I don't have clockwork mod and I don't ( as far as I know ) have my boot loader unlocked, I use this phone primarily for high data games ex...shadowgun dead zone, dead trigger, real racing 3 and more I have a home computer in which I had a friend recently partition my hard drives so as to boost internal RAM or ROM ( don't know which one but it made it a heck of a lot faster ) but to get to my question I want to use app such as external to internal and utilize my 32 gig external SD as internal memory but I also want to partition a part of it so that my phone never ( for a lack of better words at the moment ) lags or starves for free ROM or RAM??? Can this be done and how? Any help, knowledge,advice or otherwise would be greatly appreciated I would even pay if need be for maybe someone to make a step by step video on how to do this on this make of phone and post on YouTube and send me link I have PayPal!!! Thanks and have a nice day!!!

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

hnkotnis
Old
(Last edited by hnkotnis; 19th January 2014 at 03:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 346
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoshots420! View Post
OK just signed up and new to the site so forgive me if I'm posting in the wr...........................
If you have rooted phone, then use Force2SD from Play Store. You can push any app to SD Card (except Widgets) without partitioning in one click. Or use Link2SD if you have experience in creating partitions.

Your friend used SWAP for RAM, which is using external memory as part of RAM. Search Google for more help.( SWAP is a bit complicated)

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands

Twoshots420!
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the info didn't know about the swap app I have already downloaded external to internal but honestly dont know how to use it yet but can more than likely figure it out with the help of these great forums and youtube and have tried the app2sd and it didnt work for me it says that they have been successfully moved but looking in my settings and memory says otherwise and even double and triple checked with root browser and AVG and no memory was changed now link2sd on the other hand actually moved the app but then I couldn't get any app that I moved to work at all...that's when I figured I would just use the external2internal app that way I could get the apps to work with them on the external SD card tricked into thinking it was internal what I really need help with is the partitioning of the external SD card so I can have more RAM to multitask and play high ram demanding games like I love so I'll deffinatly have to check out the swap app u were referring to and thanks for the help don't know if it helps but here's a screenshot of my build version and kernel in case that's the problem with like the app2sd not working but anyone with know how on the swap app could probably use the help thanks again and have a good one......

Never motivate and idiot........cause then u have a motivated idiot!!!!! Lmbo

hnkotnis
Old
(Last edited by hnkotnis; 19th January 2014 at 03:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 346
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Thanks for the info ...................
Glad to help you
No need to mention thanks. Thanks button was created to express it to reduce length of threads. :thumbup:

Twoshots420!
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK new problem bought the swap app u were referring to and that would be the solution to my problem if another hadn't arose now I need my bootloader unlocked..... just my luck... and I'll hit the button this time!! Again new to the site!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390151964374.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	2526163  

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
OK new problem bought the swap app u were referring to and that would be the solution to my problem if another hadn't arose now I need my bootloader unlocked..... just my luck... and I'll hit the button this time!! Again new to the site!

Check this one. It contains a guide of unlocking bootloader of Motorola Atrix HD
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2350721
Be careful while doing it and ALWAYS TAKE BACKUP.