Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

[S-OFF] revone s-off

OP dd98

6th January 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #11  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,199

1,110 posts
More
after adb shell type su and try again
6th January 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 63

315 posts
More
aye that gets past it, thanks.

when i run ./revone -P it says failed (code 1).

i carried on based on what the OP says, says successful but still won't s-off on reboot. tried 4 times now and still the same
6th January 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist3d0n3

i get 'unable to open revone: permission denied' when doing the chmod 755 revone command... what do?

I assume you're doing it straight from the phone, so try the "su" command before you start all the other commands (which is done by simply typing in "su".)

I have aquestion of my own also... On the "./revone -P" command, I get a "revone failed (error code = 1)". What do I do about this? I'm trying to do it straight from the terminal emulator by he way.
6th January 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,711

3,609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder975

I assume you're doing it straight from the phone, so try the "su" command before you start all the other commands (which is done by simply typing in "su".)

I have aquestion of my own also... On the "./revone -P" command, I get a "revone failed (error code = 1)". What do I do about this? I'm trying to do it straight from the terminal emulator by he way.

You haven't read too much from those links in OP aren't you? If you have done that, you've noticed that the same error was discussed there as well. Shortly, you are either on the wrong ROM to try revone or you should reboot till it works. If after rebooting several times you got the same error, then you might need to flash first a ROM as close to stock as possible... Viper could be an option but I'm not sure cause I didn't try

Sent from nowhere over the air...
6th January 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier

You haven't read too much from those links in OP aren't you? If you have done that, you've noticed that the same error was discussed there as well. Shortly, you are either on the wrong ROM to try revone or you should reboot till it works. If after rebooting several times you got the same error, then you might need to flash first a ROM as close to stock as possible... Viper could be an option but I'm not sure cause I didn't try

Sent from nowhere over the air...

I DID read those links. Tried about 4 different ROMS, two of which were Sense-based. Oddly enough, Viper is a ROM I haven't tried yet... I'll do that
7th January 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,711

3,609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder975

I DID read those links. Tried about 4 different ROMS, two of which were Sense-based. Oddly enough, Viper is a ROM I haven't tried yet... I'll do that

OK, sorry I presumed wrongly...try Viper also. I remember in the first days of the S-Off "thing",, it was one of the ROMs of choice for starting this. I was never trying S-Off since I don't needed but I've read alot about it and the ways of achieving it.
7th January 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
This looks like the perfect solution to get S-OFF without losing all my data. But I can't even get root with Kingo. It tells me "Root Failed! The current status of your device is S-ON, please go to "Tools"=>"HTC UnlockBootloader" to unlock it to S-OFF and try again." I know this is the wrong thread for Kingo questions, but maybe someone on his way to S-OFF has solved the problem? Btw: Where is this "Tools" menu?

I'm stuck in an endless loop here
7th January 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 63

315 posts
More
tried this a few times on my stock (rooted) backup and still no go... says failed at both bits that start ./revone
7th January 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #19  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 137

568 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraBle

Does this work with 3.16.401.9?

Read OP
19th January 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts