Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[S-OFF] revone s-off

Tip us?

dd98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 474
after adb shell type su and try again

twist3d0n3
Old
Thanks Meter 37
aye that gets past it, thanks.

when i run ./revone -P it says failed (code 1).

i carried on based on what the OP says, says successful but still won't s-off on reboot. tried 4 times now and still the same

Speeder975
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist3d0n3 View Post
i get 'unable to open revone: permission denied' when doing the chmod 755 revone command... what do?
I assume you're doing it straight from the phone, so try the "su" command before you start all the other commands (which is done by simply typing in "su".)

I have aquestion of my own also... On the "./revone -P" command, I get a "revone failed (error code = 1)". What do I do about this? I'm trying to do it straight from the terminal emulator by he way.
AND REMEMBER
Junior Member does not always equal n00b.

Rapier
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1598

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder975 View Post
I assume you're doing it straight from the phone, so try the "su" command before you start all the other commands (which is done by simply typing in "su".)

I have aquestion of my own also... On the "./revone -P" command, I get a "revone failed (error code = 1)". What do I do about this? I'm trying to do it straight from the terminal emulator by he way.
You haven't read too much from those links in OP aren't you? If you have done that, you've noticed that the same error was discussed there as well. Shortly, you are either on the wrong ROM to try revone or you should reboot till it works. If after rebooting several times you got the same error, then you might need to flash first a ROM as close to stock as possible... Viper could be an option but I'm not sure cause I didn't try

Sent from nowhere over the air...
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)

Speeder975
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
You haven't read too much from those links in OP aren't you? If you have done that, you've noticed that the same error was discussed there as well. Shortly, you are either on the wrong ROM to try revone or you should reboot till it works. If after rebooting several times you got the same error, then you might need to flash first a ROM as close to stock as possible... Viper could be an option but I'm not sure cause I didn't try

Sent from nowhere over the air...
I DID read those links. Tried about 4 different ROMS, two of which were Sense-based. Oddly enough, Viper is a ROM I haven't tried yet... I'll do that
AND REMEMBER
Junior Member does not always equal n00b.

Rapier
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1598

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder975 View Post
I DID read those links. Tried about 4 different ROMS, two of which were Sense-based. Oddly enough, Viper is a ROM I haven't tried yet... I'll do that
OK, sorry I presumed wrongly...try Viper also. I remember in the first days of the S-Off "thing",, it was one of the ROMs of choice for starting this. I was never trying S-Off since I don't needed but I've read alot about it and the ways of achieving it.
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)

floppes
Old
Thanks Meter 3
This looks like the perfect solution to get S-OFF without losing all my data. But I can't even get root with Kingo. It tells me "Root Failed! The current status of your device is S-ON, please go to "Tools"=>"HTC UnlockBootloader" to unlock it to S-OFF and try again." I know this is the wrong thread for Kingo questions, but maybe someone on his way to S-OFF has solved the problem? Btw: Where is this "Tools" menu?

I'm stuck in an endless loop here

twist3d0n3
Old
Thanks Meter 37
tried this a few times on my stock (rooted) backup and still no go... says failed at both bits that start ./revone

Insecret
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraBle View Post
Does this work with 3.16.401.9?
Read OP

Bjorn_D
Old
Thanks Meter 3
hi i got this message after step 5

Gaining root access (thanks to Dan's motochopper)...Segmentation fault