Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

No System or any Sound at all

OP aamirkhanjadoon

16th January 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
hi guys, i just ran into a weird situation. After upgrading to kitkat version and using it for a day or two with no problems, I tried to do some tweaking with Wanam xposed tool such as "no camera shutter sound" and other sound related tweaks and unfortunately i forgot to make backup before. After the reboot my phone started freezing and it has no sound at all by which I mean no system ringtones, music app crashes, any thing related to sound whether its an app or a feature it automatically freezes. Also NO PHONE CALLS phone does connect to the network but when i make call through dialer screen goes black and i cant hear any sound what so ever though the other person gets the call.Also i noticed when i open camera app it gives me error "cant open camera".

I did factory reset, re install the ROM but no fix at all ,, Also i used headphones but still no sound... tried google with the similar issues but no luck so far..

is there anyone who has a fix for this problem? it would be highly appreciated. right now my phone is of nooo use
Last edited by aamirkhanjadoon; 16th January 2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spell mistakes
The Following User Says Thank You to aamirkhanjadoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,641

5,463 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamirkhanjadoon

hi guys, i just ran into a weired situation. After upgrading to kitkat version and using it for a day or two with no problems, I tried to do some tweaking with Wanam xposed tool such as "no camera shutter sound" and other sound related tweaks and unfortunately i forgot to make backup before. After the reboot my phone started freezing and it has no sound at all by which I mean no system ringtones, music app crashes, any thing related to sound whether its an app or a feature it automatically freezes. Also NO PHONE CALLS phone does connect to the network but when i make call through dialer screen goes black and i cant hear any sound what so ever though the other person gets the call.

I did factory reset, re install the ROM but no fix at all ,, tried google with the similar issues but no luck so far..

Can somebody has any fix to this problem? right now my phone is of nooo use

did you flash again with odin
16th January 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Sydney

15 posts
no not yet, I flashed it through recovery using zip file. but now i m flashing it via odin (downloading file)
Last edited by aamirkhanjadoon; 16th January 2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spell
16th January 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Sydney

15 posts
OK.. Managed to get it working by re flashing through ODIN.. . All GOOD NOW
16th January 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,641

5,463 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamirkhanjadoon

OK.. Managed to get it working by re flashing through ODIN.. . All GOOD NOW

good dont do it again lol
19th January 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 25

148 posts
More
Thank you, now I know I'm not crazy or retarded

I've had the same problem with wanam, and it drove me crazy, and forced me to reflash the rom, the 2nd time it happened I fixed it by removing wanam then going into /system/csc and renaming features.xml to features.xml.bak (not the features.xml in /system, but careful)

sound returned, and I'm now in the process of troubleshooting which option is causing the problem, it will take a lot of rebooting though
19th January 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 25

148 posts
More
further investigation into this helped me detect the culprit : it's the "enable camera during call" under "System" in Wanam

in case you accidently enable this and lose sound, you'll need to remove the checkbox from Wanam, and then edit "others.xml & features.xml" inside "/system/csc" or inside "system" if your rom doesn't contain csc, and remove the following line :
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

look for duplicates, in my case there were 2 entries for this, once you delete them, reboot your device and you should get the sound back, at least this is what worked for me

p.s : I'm using a Note 2 with the Note 3 features package, so I assume this is related to some Note 3 feature/component not playing well with wanam

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread