Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,180 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call prob after official 4.3 update

Tip us?

calexchelse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Call prob after official 4.3 update

My wife has this phone and I have the s3. After doin TT the update to 4.3, we both have experienced the same issue. When I am on 4g and she is on LTE, we cannot make calls to someone on WiFi calling. We can receive them just not make them. All other calls work. When on 2g or edge it works. I finally found a fix for mine, since my s3is rooted, I reflashed the modem only and mine is fixed. My wife won't let me root hers, the note 2. With that being said, what are my options, because I think that would work for hers, but she won't let me root.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
TRICKED OUT S3
DocHoliday77 4.3 TW DEODEXED
RUNNING 4.4 APPS
AND INVERTED MESSAGING

premiatul
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Make sure in wifi calling settings you have calls over wifi preferred is checked
Also do a factory reset.
That's all that comes to mind right now.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

calexchelse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Done both already. But try for your input. I am wondering if there was a way to flash modem on unrooted phone? Any body

TRICKED OUT S3
RUNNING 4.4 APPS
AND INVERTED MESSAGING

premiatul
Old
(Last edited by premiatul; 15th January 2014 at 10:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 221
The only one that I know is this
Gordon app, just go to 1st page

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2250555

youStolemylaptop
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by premiatul View Post
The only one that I know is this
Gordon app, just go to 1st page

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2250555

It looks like you need root on it still, just no recovery.
Phone - Samsung Note 2

Rom - VanirAOSP

Recovery - TWRP Recovery

Forum Rules

If I helped press the button.

LTE Speeds

calexchelse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
That's what I got out of it to

TRICKED OUT S3
RUNNING 4.4 APPS
AND INVERTED MESSAGING

PhxDroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I have the same issue with my stock 4.3 Note 2... not sure what happen during the OTA but im led to assume that with all the newer LTE phones, note 2 users arent the only phones accessing those bands, and something was shifted that creates more instability with wifi calling. I say more instability, as even when I was on 4.1.1/4.1.2 there would be times when friends/family would call/message me when I was connected to certain wifi's (at my girlfriends/etc) and the call would never come through, the messages would receive until I disconneced from the wifi. Even when leaving a voicemail, it was hit or miss for me to get those until I disconnected from wifi.

Not sure if it is a compatibility issue from being connected to edge vs lte vs etc (like you have narrowed down) as it may be a wifi router issue, or just initial bugs with wifi calling in general, considering wifi calling is still (in my mind) in its infancy stage

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

calexchelse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxDroid86 View Post
I have the same issue with my stock 4.3 Note 2... not sure what happen during the OTA but im led to assume that with all the newer LTE phones, note 2 users arent the only phones accessing those bands, and something was shifted that creates more instability with wifi calling. I say more instability, as even when I was on 4.1.1/4.1.2 there would be times when friends/family would call/message me when I was connected to certain wifi's (at my girlfriends/etc) and the call would never come through, the messages would receive until I disconneced from the wifi. Even when leaving a voicemail, it was hit or miss for me to get those until I disconnected from wifi.

Not sure if it is a compatibility issue from being connected to edge vs lte vs etc (like you have narrowed down) as it may be a wifi router issue, or just initial bugs with wifi calling in general, considering wifi calling is still (in my mind) in its infancy stage

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
I wouldn't necessarily say WiFi calling is in its infancy. I've been with T-Mobile since before the first android. We had Wi-Fi calling with the 2nd android phone T-Mobile had, the cliq 1. Every phone we have had has had Wi-Fi calling since. The first hiccup we ever had was with the HTC one s. With the note 2 we haven't had a problem until the update. Being an IT tech, I couldn't help but do my own ts, since it was happening to my s3 as well. What we found was it only happens if she makes a call on 4g or LTE going to a phone that has Wi-Fi calling turned on. If that person turns it off and goes to where they actually has signal, the call goes thru fine. My s3 was doing the same, but it is rooted.
We have put several calls into T-Mobile IT dept. That has stumped them badly. They have no idea why this is happening.
On my phone, I finally had the bright idea to reflash just the modem. It worked. No more issues on mine.
I can't root hers(she won't let me), and I know that will fix it by flashing the modem only.
So, sorry for long post, but that is where I'm at. I'm stumped, unless maybe just using Odin to flash the update all over again (like that will happen, she don't like it when I play with her phone).

TRICKED OUT S3
RUNNING 4.4 APPS
AND INVERTED MESSAGING