5,605,373 Members 42,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rogers locked SGH-I527M bootloader. (download mode)

Tip us?

4329Jomel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rogers locked SGH-I527M bootloader. (download mode)

Has anyone rooted the sgh-i527m from Rogers and run into trouble by not being able to boot into download mode?

This is my second Galaxy Mega i've tried to boot into download mode via holding the volume down + home + power key. Really would like to have access to TWRP or CWR to back up systems.

A friend on this form has said that Telus models have no issues booting into downloads but would be interest to know if a Rogers owner is running into the same issues. Is it possible that Rogers lock there sgh-i527m like AT&T sgh-i527

enegizer07
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have the same phone. it does go into download mode but the screen is blank. i just make sure odin is running when i do it. it will have com 2 or what ever come green and connect

magicninja
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I have to same phone and haven't a problem.....rooted and running custom ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app
VipersOneSSSS-OFF 2.0.0

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 157
The i527m version does not have a locked bootloader and rooting, installing recovery, and installing custom roms all will work as mentioned in the posts above.

Sent from my SGH-I527M Mega 6.3

Frezi Evan
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by enegizer07 View Post
i have the same phone. it does go into download mode but the screen is blank. i just make sure odin is running when i do it. it will have com 2 or what ever come green and connect
Yes. You can see it also. But did you know i527m does not have rooting system. it may be show you blank for this reason..

When you feel good then just click